SOLD FJ45 Steel Cap with Boat Rollers...New Jersey Shore (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Afternoon All. As I re-ignite my 45 Frame-Off resto project, I've decided to let this original piece of the rig go as I'll have no practical use for it. Because it is well made, I thought some of you would get much better use out of it on the backroads.
The Story: I purchased my 1978 Aussie Spec FJ-45 back in 2014 and eventually started the frame-off. We are putting her back together and gearing up to get the project completed.
The pictures will tell the story but here's the very cool background: This rig belonged to the Australian Parks & Wildlife Service for most of its life (I actually have the original purchase documentation from the dealership in Sidney!!!) It was imported here by a local guy and fellow LC enthusiast. It was sold but a year later it came back on the market and I grabbed it. In any event, the cap is all steel and has rollers with cleats for tying down the boat they used. Other goodies with the rig indicated they trapped and moved Crocs around. For my purposes, I may leave the bed open or go with a more lightweight Canvas cover setup down the road. I also have the green canvas sides but over the years they have shrunk somewhat but are still in decent condition considering their age.

Only issues:
1- Needs to stripped and repainted but up to the new owner
2- Transportation out of the greater NY, NJ, PA area...your call

Asking $500, any questions, let me know. Thanks, Ken

IMG_2110.JPG

IMG_2111.JPG

FrB1drWiT86JrGXOFhZI%g.jpg

4r2wtJwuR3a699sMPbip5w.jpg

kCFAGg%KQvyZji6A9VsR8A.jpg

Thanks everyone for reaching out. But one of our local members pounced on the cap this afternoon and it’s found a new home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom