FJ40 Mark/Downey Header (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have an original Downey header but also on limited life span. Please add me to the list. Thanks for the updates and fantastic looking final product!

I'm in for two!

Is there a price point yet? I didn't see it if it's somewhere in the thread. Thanks

Is there a price point yet? I didn't see it if it's somewhere in the thread. Thanks

No price point yet.

We need to sharpen the pencils, and also test fit a prototype.

Test fit means I need to come up with a new PS pump mount for the 40...

Test fit means I need to come up with a new PS pump mount for the 40...

I use a PS pump mount from Mark's Offroad. Power steering is now lower drivers side.
1671018659872.png

I can elaborate on this...
After I read Mark Whatley's article in the Toyota Trails about putting 60 series PS on a 40, I wanted to do it.

My 40 is an early '78 (09/77), so my block is not tapped for a PS pump mount. I also live in an area that does vehicle emissions testing for air quality, so I needed to keep the air pump. My solution to mount the PS pump used the exhaust manifold as part of the design - not perfect, but it worked.

More details here: FJ60 Power Steering Conversion for FJ40 while keeping air pump - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj60-power-steering-conversion-for-fj40-while-keeping-air-pump.84527/

1671021431399.png

For purposes of clarity, @gonzopancho and I are working on this project together, along with a 3rd person who is not a Land Cruiser "enthusiast". We all work together. The 3rd musketeer is a rather talented industrial design guru and at one time worked for BMW NA.

I hope that helps explain why both Gonzo and I will make replies in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom