FJ40 floor mat options/opinions?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@locklaw Those are super cool. Can you provide a link to the website? I wonder if that "COMPLETE MAT, OLD TYPE FJ45" would work on my 1973 FJ40 with the steering wheel on the CORRECT side? šŸ˜

Hereā€™s my Loweā€™s in the front, Specter in the back.

9EF4C325-7B19-48D0-8992-E7A6B0A6A882.jpeg

4C5C49C5-3F74-4ABA-8590-9C4BD16B0CE6.jpeg

5B721BAF-3390-4EF2-A46A-95B590DD1C7A.jpeg

5F07123F-12C2-4B4D-9F86-A354E8825AE8.jpeg

My 40 never had any floormats so I went the same route as igotta40. Used the light gray similar to what SOR sells and was able to do the front and rear of the 40 for around $100. Dampens the noise a little and protects the floors.

@locklaw Those are super cool. Can you provide a link to the website? I wonder if that "COMPLETE MAT, OLD TYPE FJ45" would work on my 1973 FJ40 with the steering wheel on the CORRECT side? šŸ˜
Unfortunately no real website for the mats, they retail through various small individual vendors or our business which has outlets over the country. A 45 mat will not work in a 40 since the footwell area on the right hand side towards the tank is some 100mm longer than a 40's, whereas the left hand side does not have the toolbox under the seat.

There are 40 specific mats also though. The rear floor mat fits fine but does not have provision for floor heaters while the fronts are moulded only for the two later 4 speed 40 variations without the toolbox under the seat.

Don't get me wrong....the diamond plate rubber mats look like they are bullet proof and I'm sure they perform excellent, but I'm looking for something that has a more original look. I'm impressed on how well you were able to get those to contour to your floors. Nice work!

I'm still hoping to hear from someone that actually owns those ones off ebay. It appears that the ones from South Africa aren't really an option here in the US but I'm still researching. Those things look really nice and the fact that they say Toyota makes them even more cool.

Another thing that no one has answered is what they heck those dang snaps are for. Does anyone have an FJ40 that has snaps installed on the floor? I'm guessing that's the only reason the mats would have the "female" buttons on them.

The snaps were probably installed by a po or used floor mats from a j##p and cut them to fit the 40 or somethinglike that. You should ask the po. They're not stk.

There are two straps on mine that hold the mat up behind the drain hoses. There is a split to the circle for the drain hoses, and a small strap and snaps that clip the split shut. I think my mat is original

Here's a pic of my rubber mat. It's in near perfect condition (other than a little dirty and folded) but I'm not sure it fits in an FJ40. The gear shift holes don't seem to match but maybe I'm just missing something?

View attachment 3266083

Not sure that's even a Toyota mat and certainly not from an FJ40.
There are two straps on mine that hold the mat up behind the drain hoses. There is a split to the circle for the drain hoses, and a small strap and snaps that clip the split shut. I think my mat is original
That sounds like a factory mat. I have a few of those. One I plan to use in my 73 FJ40 FST. Going with a four speed so shift openings will match. While City Racer mats will fit a 73 the transmission and transfer opening embossed are for four speeds. Those started around 1/74 in the US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom