Builds The Architect's '77 FJ40 (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

do you contact them with a special order?
I just called them and asked for size 'B' and that is what they sent. I don't recall it be anything special....but the label says otherwise, eh.

Got a minor upgrade in the works....so I was just checking to see if the vintage Sunpro 52mm gauge I recently picked up was close to the HF gauge.

IMG_3984.jpg
vs.
IMG_3985.jpg

Close enough to me. Although I'm not 100% set on the Sunpro, but it will do for now. Happy to see good pressure in the 2F's intake manifold.

Thanks to @Kris for producing the bezel, here is what the aftermarket Sunpro's look like installed. I do have the vacuum gauge hooked up, but not the oil pressure or lights just yet. For the lights, I'll probably make a small patch harness to connect into the dash pad light circuit at the connectors.

IMG_4005.jpg

IMG_4003.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg

I'm glad it worked out for ya!

Love your system to lift your top off. I am curious to see how set up your pully system. I think I have every thing down on your set up but can seem to figure out how you put your pully system together to pull the top to within 2 inches of the ceiling.

Once I get the top to about 6" (+/-) from the ceiling, I put the two strut channel cross members with the wood spaces under the top, and then attach to the hanging chains. Then I just walk the top up the chains as close to the ceiling as I can. Then I remove the lifting straps.

Basically, I do the same thing for the door platform as well.

If this doesn't answer your question, send me a PM.

Ever since I installed the rear mat in my 40, I've always had a fear of slamming on my brakes so hard that the pad might slide forward with so much force, it would take out my rear heater. I often thought about drilling two extra holes somewhere near the rear seal to anchor the mat, but could never bring myself to do it.....Then it occurred to me, let's look at if from a different angle. And this is my solution, and it also provides some new tie-down points.

Hooke Road Tacoma Tie Down Hooks

IMG_4129.jpg
IMG_4130.jpg
IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

For my rear mat material reference: First layer down is a water heater thermal jacket from HD. Second layer is of 60mil rubber roofing. Third is cut from an OEM Toyota Tundra truck bed mat....Note, the thermal jacket & 60mil rubber roofing material is also under the front floor mat as well.

FYI - How I installed those mid truck body suspension bolts alone:
1 - cut a small length of 5/16" rubber fuel hose
2 - install the bolts thru the body
3 - go under the rig and align the rubber suspension bushing, the suspension plate & nut with the bolt
4 - with the rubber fuel hose, slid it into the cavity and wedge the plate & bushing against the body
5 - get back inside the 40 and screw the bolt into the suspension plate
6 - go back under the rig and remove the fuel hose.....eazy-peazy

Driving observations once you have had time. My OME suspension is like a tractor. But ofc, we are basically driving tractors. 😂
Check to make sure you didn’t over tighten the bushings so they distort and bind on your shackle mounting.

5100s are the way for that build. Good buy.

Right behind you as well with the 5100’s.
Shocks dampen rebound and compression, shackle angle affects spring movement. Check that your shackle angle isn't terrible first.

Truck looks great as always @GA Architect, wish I could keep mine that clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom