FJ40 and FJ55 turn signal grommets & plastic pedestal bases 1975-1984 / 1975 - 1980 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FJ40 Turn Signal Grommets:
These are 3d printed parts made out of TPU, a rubber like product. There appears to be small variances in the size of different offerings, I would need to know what year your vehicle is, how many pairs you want, and the following:

Are your lights:
  1. Toyota OEM lights (plastic bases)?
  2. Poor quality Chinese made replica lights (sold by SOR with light colored plastic bases)?
  3. The metal base versions sold by Classic Cruisers and ???
I charge $18.50 which also covers shipping anywhere in the contiguous United States. I ship outside of the country but would need to get you a separate shipping quote.

FJ55 turn signal plastic pedestal base & Grommet 1975-1980 (reproduction parts)
I built these for another member on the forum and ran a few extras in an attempt to recover some of my costs. You can take OEM FJ40 turn signals and converted them to FJ55 turn signals with this part. Doing so requires you to disassemble your old lights and reuse the factory bolt. The factory bolt has flairs on it that are designed to be pressed into the new part by taking a small socket and gently taping on it with a hammer to seat the bolt (best if done by laying the part flat on a bench with a hole in it to accept the bolt as it passes through the part). The alignment pins will need to be ABS glued in. I left this up to the buyer because it will make it easier seat the bolt.

Three options are available:

1.) You can buy the unfinished plastic pedestal base only. The cost is $35 with free shipping in the contiguous United States. The "as-is" finish is slightly more durable than the third option below. This would be best if you plan to use a high fill primer and paint to OEM specs or if you just want a functional piece.

2.) You can buy the unfinished plastic pedestal base with the fender grommet. The cost is $45 with free shipping in the contiguous United States. The grommet is made out of TPU, a rubber like product. I really think this completes the look.

3.) You can buy the finished plastic pedestal base only. The cost is $45 with free shipping in the contiguous United States. This would be best if you like the color as is and want a nicely finished part.

4.) You can buy the finished part with a fender grommet. The cost is $55 with free shipping in the contiguous United States. The Grommet is made out of TPU, a rubber like product. I really think this completes the look and I would be disappointed if you don't order the grommet which is why I have discounted it as part of a complete package.

5.) You can buy just the fender grommet. These are designed to fit your factor OEM plastic pedestal base. The cost is $18.50 with free shipping in the contiguous United states

If you are interested, I will need an email address and your mailing address after which I can send you a PayPal request. I am excited to see my prints on other FJ40s. When they are installed I also ask that you post a picture if you like the fitment. If they don't fit perfect something went wrong with your order, let me know and I will make it right before you post pictures. I want to make sure everyone is happy with their purchase so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I enjoy building parts for my FJ40 so if you have any ideas for items that can't be obtained elsewhere let me know.

Your money will be donated to a good cause..... the restoration of my FJ40.

Thanks for your order!

Last edited:
Super old post but are these still available?
@Wadesters Yes, I am still selling these and I have some earlier model FJ55 units too. That said, I just ran a new batch that didn't turn out well so I need to start over which will take some time. When do you need them? Also, I was on your website, we can do some trading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom