FJ40 4wd rear badge confusion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The trouble is a newbie might see this wrong attachment and not knowingly will think they are building their cruiser corectly.

The trouble is a newbie might see this wrong attachment and not knowingly will think they are building their cruiser corectly.
I would respectfully disagree with your view of rebuilding “correctly”. This rebuild is about serving my needs. If the truck can be improved to run trails using new technology then I will take advantage of it.

Honestly I think the factory lift on an FJ40 makes it look like a mail truck...and is also not very useful on a deeply rutted trail. Just need matching tires to go along with the lift. Thats on the Christmas list!

Honestly I think the factory lift on an FJ40 makes it look like a mail truck...and is also not very useful on a deeply rutted trail. Just need matching tires to go along with the lift. Thats on the Christmas list!
Why not do a spring over? You would get much better trail and street performance.

see my post below...

Last edited:
I guess my point is it should fit. Cool cruisers says I need to buy spacers that attach on the back of the panel and the holes need to be widened. Why create a part that is specifically built for one vehicle that requires modification by everyone? Oh well.
This seems to be common practice with Cool Cruisers. I emailed them about the fitment issues with their wheel cylinders and they told me having to grind down brake parts (the shoes) to make them fit was completely normal and that grinding down stuff is to be expected when buying aftermarket. 😲

The answer to your initial question is that there are two types of badges with two different diameter mounting posts. It appears you have part#75453-60012 with the large posts. You need part #75453-60300 with the small posts.
The reason this jumped out to me is that I recently ordered the wrong grill badge that had small posts and I needed the earlier version with large posts. Who knew?

Is there a chance you want to buy a brand new grill badge? I could use your rear badge too. Where are you located?

Pictures

75453-60012 vs 75453-60300

8C002F2F-5FF5-43F9-BDC2-26E39756001A.png

A1B24E81-641A-4803-AAE7-5EEC14F126CE.png

Last edited:
The answer to your initial question is that there are two types of badges with two different diameter mounting posts. It appears you have part#75453-60012 with the large posts. You need part #75453-60300 with the small posts.
The reason this jumped out to me is that I recently ordered the wrong grill badge that had small posts and I needed the earlier version with large posts. Who knew?

Is there a chance you want to buy a brand new grill badge? I could use your rear badge too. Where are you located?

Pictures

75453-60012 vs 75453-60300

View attachment 2450951

View attachment 2450952
Sure. Im in Berkshires Massachussetts

Why the non stock reflector?
Why a body lift?

I saw this show and the engine/trans/transfer they installed made them do a body lift as the easiest way to accommodate. Hokey to me but Foose seems to enjoy making radical stuff. I would prefer stock. Or, FJ Co. seems to have the modern answers.

Here’s the grill badge. I’d do your 4wd badge plus $40. Since this cost me $70.

my price on the 4wd badge is $29 from dealer.

7D74580F-321D-4F09-A5A3-42D79AD45296.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom