FJ Summit in Ouray July 18-22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I will be heading there on Sunday and plan to camp at our "secrete spot" up near the Amphitheater Campground. I understand Dave and Jonathon are going too. Also Bob Brown may camp with us with his new Aspen Trails trailer. It's a rough and steep climb up there but I towed my trailer in using low-range easily. This camp is boondock only with no facilities but it's only about 15 minutes to Ouray. I am not going to put directions on this open forum but if you call or email I can give you the scoop. The registration for the Summit is full but anyone could join us at the camp and just do your own thing during the day.

The Camp Hale trip is the previous weekend so I may run over there and come back for the Summit. Too much fun!

Ace

Looking forward to it! I'll be one of the dedicated spotters on Black Bear for one of the days (still up in the air) and helping out a bit around the registration area for part of another day. I think i'll be able to get one or two trails in but intend to relax a bit more than most trips.

I am scheduled to lead Black Bear Saturday at 8:00. Did not want to take on that responsibility but got my arm severely twisted by Bob Brown.

Wondered who all is planning to camp in the "secret spot" as we described at the June meeting. It's pretty easy to find but I won't post directions here. Send me a PM for details.

I plan to be there the Sunday before.

Ace

Hey gang, possible would Celia and I would like to join your group. Will be up on Monday and Celia on weds. Need directions Ace and will be getting u toe photos soon, just been busy what with being on call with the guard for the fires. See ya soon!

Heck yeah you can join us. I don't see how we couldn't make enough room. I don't know the date yet but I hope I am chaperoning black bear the same day you are leading it. It's going to be a great week! We plan on arriving Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

Change of plans?

Due to the high fire danger in the area, Susie and I are reconsidering our planned trip to Yellowstone/Tetons and staying closer to home instead just in case. The bad news is of course we were looking forward to going back to Yellowstone/Tetons again and we already have campsites reserved, but the good news is I can now go to the FJ summit. I know that the summit is already full but sometimes you can still get in at the last minute. Even if I can't get in I can do my own summit and would like to camp/hang out with the club. I could possibly be there around Monday 16th to help get spots saved for the club at the secret camping area.

Doug, sorry about canceling Yellowstone, but do hope you can get into the Summit. Pretty sure if you volunteer big time they will find a spot. But if not, your welcome to ride with me on the trails. Also a couple of years back they let my son in at last minute to go to the meals.

Dave, PM sent for directions.

Ace

Doug recently told me he got in the event OK so it looks like a pretty sizable bunch of BCCers will be there.

Jonathan and family
Dave and Celia
Doug
Myself

Anybody else I missed?

I indeed got in thanks to Bob Brown putting a good word in for me. I also volunteered to lead a Black Bear run on Friday and California/Corkscrew on Saturday. Plan on camping at the secret CG and getting there Monday sometime. :bounce:

Here is a shot of our great campsite from high above it. Just Doug and I here so far. Two other campers nearby but they are quiet neighbors.

Ace

image-2406690738.jpg

I'll be headed down for Thursday and Friday but staying in town. Hopefully we can meet up.

Well, the 2012 Summit is now history. Everyone in the club had a good time and no major issues. Out friend Bob Brown lost his only set of keys so will need to have his truck towed to Toyota for new key and reprogrammed. Bummer.

All the runs went good. The drawing went into overtime but they did have a lot of nice stuff to hand out. Both Jonathan and I won something.

Met a lot of nice folks this year and recruited a few into BCC.

Ace

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom