fj mirror wiring pigtail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I am new here looking for information on wiring for fj mirrors. I have purchased some aftermarket mirrors for installation on an alternate vehicle. They are for a 07 -14 mirror with lamp. They look to have a 5 pin connector plug. I am looking for a source to be able to connect these mirrors . I am also looking for an aftermarket or OEM switch for these. Thank you for your help in advance .

From what I gather all FJs are prewired for the mirrors even if you dont have the packages with power / lights so finding the harness easily may not be as much so.

One idea may be to check car-part.com or call around and see if and salvage yards could get you these parts.

Someone with a more intricate knowledge of Toyota part numbers will probably chime in with all of them soon enough though, but they cant be cheap.

If your new mirrors have the harness, then I would imagine finding the matching wiring would be as simple as opening up your door panel. It's very easy to access. Two screws located near the door handle and the rest is just plastic clips holding it on. Grab the lower edge of the plastic panel near bottom of door and start pulling gently so you don't break any clips. These clips are not particularly fragile and there's probably a 4-6 of them around the door panel. Then lift upwards towards the window sill, there is a lip it sorta hangs from on the window sill. The door opening cable and wiring for the locks/windows will need to be disengaged before you can completely remove the door panel.

1613488359962.png

OP is putting FJ mirrors on a different vehicle altogether from what I gather.....

Ah, I see that now. Well, good luck on that. The wiring harness for the door is pictured below.

right hand side: 82151-35460
left hand side: 82152-35380

And each of those harness sections plug into a larger harness under the dash/kick plate.
1613489554729.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom