FJ Frame Failures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

😮 Wow, that looks really bad! Good luck, I hope Toyota does the right thing and fixes it!

Thats the replacable metal part of the rear bumper, wouldnt exactly call it part of the frame.

Would be equivalant to a bull bar rusting out

FJ Cruiser Rusted Frame Owners Unite

notsigned.gif
We all love our FJ Cruiser. Fun to drive, fun to mod. The purpose of FJ Cruiser Rusted Frame Owners Unite on Facebook is to connect those of us whose frames are rusting, some even to failure and to be able to tell your story of what Toyota is or is not doing to help. Safety is our priority and we want you to be aware of frame and fuel tank strap rust. Join us for the most up to date information and help preserve our iconic vehicles. Posts must include a picture of the rust but everyone is welcome to join the discussions.

flame.gif

Even if don't join us on Facebook you can still participate by following the the links below. US residence, if you haven't done so file a safety complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for frame structural rust and or fuel tank strap rust. The NHTSA can force a Toyota recall with enough recorded problems.

flame.gif
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...rUknwaBcoKfHqg

IMPORTANT: A link to a petition form below will provide information on your particular FJ to help with a resolution. All US, Canada, and other countries are all welcome to participate.

flame.gif
FJ Cruisers Rusty Frame and/or Fuel Tank Strap information form

Thats the replacable metal part of the rear bumper, wouldnt exactly call it part of the frame.

Would be equivalant to a bull bar rusting out

The front bumper bracket is bolted the the frame but for some reason doesn't suffer the same fate as the rear but it's not a significant part of the frame. The rear frame cross member is welded to the main frame and suffers major rust problems. It's a very important part of the frame and the original trailer hitch is also bolted to it.

I'd be curious to see a heat map of where all these rusted frames live.

agreed, for what its worth I haven't seen any real frame rust issues on the fjs. not saying that it cant happen but in nj we get plenty of salt and crust in the winter and it would seem line the fj frames are holding up well

I've looked at a couple around here where rust is starting to get started in the rear. Maybe they're just too young yet to have it bad.
Optimistically, they'll never have the troubles as the first decade of 2000s 4Runners and Tacomas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom