FJ cruiser undercoating (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The undercoating on the FJC is not like any undercoating I've seen before. I almost wouldn't even call it "undercoating". To look at it, and feel it, it seems like it is a soft rubber/foam coating. In places, it is up to an inch thick. It's more of a sound deadener and not a rust proofing thing. Probably does both, but it's not that thin black crap that gets sprayed on.;)

I agree it is VERY different, however before we all go run out and use it, I would love to see how well it actually holds up! Will it work to stop rust? Has it been used on other trucks besides the FJ?

Zack

Bought my Black Cherry yesterday and the salesman said the undercoating was an asphalt based spray. It's included in all Vehicle Shield Packages.

Bud Built Skids

Now I call that undercoating that makes a difference.

I'd have mine if I didn't want 'em powder coated:rolleyes:

Bought my Black Cherry yesterday and the salesman said the undercoating was an asphalt based spray. It's included in all Vehicle Shield Packages.
I find that 90% of what a salesman says is bull.;)

Yes the FJ does come with a factory undercoating. I Have a 1975 all original and it has it, unfortunately some of mine has bubbled up, cracked and chipped in a few spots but it is 45 years old. I wish I could find it as well. And yes it is tar like.

Yes the FJ does come with a factory undercoating. I Have a 1975 all original and it has it, unfortunately some of mine has bubbled up, cracked and chipped in a few spots but it is 45 years old. I wish I could find it as well. And yes it is tar like.
Hey there, welcome to IH8MUD.com. The tech sections of this forum are model specific.

Don't mix up your tech knowledge of a 1975 FJ40 with the discussion at hand in this section of the forum, specifically for the 2007-2015 FJ Cruiser.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom