fixing dents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone ever worked with this area before? It a hard spot due to all the metal that meets there. Its hard to tell by the picture but the entire area with the kick vent is sunk in I would have to play with it a lot to get it close to normal again. is there any kind replacement for this area? all I see is the whole front cawl and I dont need to spend that much. any ideas? or will I have to just try to pop it out?

I posted a question just like this back in sept. I've looked everywhere and the best I could do was http://www.cruiserparts.net/parts/fj40.html They'll cut out the panel leaving an inch all the way around, but the guy I talked to didn't act like he was interested in drilling out the spot welds and sending the whole panel. If you come up with something let me know.

Dave

So that lower kick panel is no longer available from Toyota?

It was just a couple years ago...was not that much $$$ either...

well the kick vent is dented as well. The main problem is that from the door to the fender is pushed in about 2 or so inches. the a piller is messed up as well. I am thinking about maybe taking it out and seeing what the local sheet metal guys can do to replicate it. I know them quite well and maybe they are feeling ambitious. If I can find some one that can make a replacement I will let everyone know and maybe to a tech article about how I fixed it but for now its just getting ideas.

thanks for the info. I might have some friends that have tools that can do that sort of thing. Here is a view from the door. you can see the damage on the A pillar. there is still more damage that is out of view but you can see how its going. its not to bad but not an easy place to work out. I have little experience with auto body so it makes it a larger project than normal.

My buddy had almost the same thing. He rigged up a piece of square tubing, put it inside the cab by the vent and took a winch/come along and put the cable thru the vent opening and attached it to the tubing and cranked away. it pulled out most of the dent and the rest was bondo'd. came out pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom