Builds FitzJ60 1983 FJ60 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Few updates:

Ordered a set of @reevesci DOM sliders, (beautifully built I might add) over the summer finally got around to paint and mounting the drivers side.

Really easy install (driver side only so far) if you were wondering. Wishing this had been put higher up the list before.

IMG_4636.JPG

IMG_4651.JPG

Coated with Magnet Paints "Chassis Saver"

IMG_5262.JPG

IMG_5263.JPG

IMG_5264.JPG

They tuck nicely in close to the body.

IMG_5038.JPG

Mounted the drivers side A/B pillar handles on #FitzJ60 that I've had sitting in a bin for a while.

Didn't look very hard to see if the A pillar had threaded inserts, just drilled and used stainless M6 nutserts for mounting.

IMG_5041.JPG

IMG_5040.JPG

Rear B pillar was pulled from a HJ61 part out in Kamloops, BC. Crusied up with @red66toy for his FF rear axle and I picked up the rear split seats, also picked up a 38mm transfer case I need to re-build and swap to manual actuators, and swap 3:1 or 4:1 gears in.

IMG_5277.JPG

I flipped the rig in the garage and hope to get the passenger side done this week.

Electrical isn't really my thing, so small victories are pretty exciting.

Finally hooked the rear coolant lines back up to the 62 center heater and figured out how to adapt the 62 heat control to the 60 rear heater wiring.

Small little jumper will be used until I can source he appropriate plastic connections and terminal pins.

Man this thing is awesome I like the vinyl looks clean. Late to the party as well but sounds like it's about to get intense!

Man those are pretty sliders...

Man this thing is awesome I like the vinyl looks clean. Late to the party as well but sounds like it's about to get intense!

Man those are pretty sliders...

It's a project, love the feedback! Helps get me in the garage this time of year and chip away when it's 40 degrees and rainy.

That's not to bad if you got a heater!

How do you like the vinyl looks like it's had it's far share of exposure to alittle but if all the elements getting brought in.

That's not to bad if you got a heater!

How do you like the vinyl looks like it's had it's far share of exposure to alittle but if all the elements getting brought in.

The vinyl is great in how functional it is which is really what I'm working on with my build.

It's not for everyone, gets hot sort of, shows dust and dirt what would normally disappear into carpet. Cleaning is pretty simple with washing off with a wet rag and they doing another pass with a dry one.

Other than the install part I've been really happy with it. Install was pretty difficult to have it lay right and getting it cut was nerve racking.

The vinyl is great in how functional it is which is really what I'm working on with my build.

It's not for everyone, gets hot sort of, shows dust and dirt what would normally disappear into carpet. Cleaning is pretty simple with washing off with a wet rag and they doing another pass with a dry one.

Other than the install part I've been really happy with it. Install was pretty difficult to have it lay right and getting it cut was nerve racking.

That's really what I like about it I like just the functionality of it.

Do you think it would have been fine with just the vinyl and carpet pad? Or have the extra layers proved worth it

That's really what I like about it I like just the functionality of it.

Do you think it would have been fine with just the vinyl and carpet pad? Or have the extra layers proved worth it

The parts that are done are much quieter.

I haven't linned the wheel wells or the quarter panels yet. I think that will help with a good amount of road/exhaust sound.

2F > Headers > 2.5 straight back with just a muffler

Gives me more noise than what I wanted. Hopeful that it's less when I cover the wheel arches and quarters/doors. But it is what it is and I feel like there has been an improvement.

This last week I meet up with a group of guys from the #SeattleCruiserheads over at @torfab for the annual White Elephant Gift Exchange.

IMG_5444.JPG

Fella who owns NitroGears new rig.

IMG_5445.JPG

Some lonely looking R2.8's

_J2A9956.jpg

_J2A9899.jpg

_J2A9932.jpg

It has been a busy week in the realm of cruisers for me.

Picked up a FzJ80 rear axle.

Staying with SUA and will be working to remove all the accessory brackets

For the guys running leafs and 80 rears, did you stay with the 80 rear brake lines or make something different?

IMG_5455.JPG

IMG_5456.JPG

IMG_5459.JPG

IMG_5460.JPG

Great upgrade. One of my favorites I've done. I'll dig back through my thread and find what I did for my brake lines.

I drilled and tapped a hole in the top of the housing to reuse the 60 series T-union and soft line (on the 80 series the T-union is on the other side of the differential). The 60 passenger-side axle hard-line is pretty short to use on the 80 axle, so I did this, if I remember correctly it's a prebuilt straight length from an auto parts store. for $10-15 it sure beats cutting, flaring etc.

And for the other side I used the 60 line, probably with some tweaks here and there. I made all the tabs to hold the line on, they are pretty crude, I'm sure there are more elegant solutions. I also needed to make a tab for the parking brake.

rear axle brake line.JPG

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1452817174.740621.jpg

Great upgrade. One of my favorites I've done. I'll dig back through my thread and find what I did for my brake lines.

I'll do that, I tried to mention you but couldn't figure out your forum name when posting.

View attachment 1592656 View attachment 1592657 Nice work Dave. No excuse on not working in the garage. It’s chili/rainy and still hittin it in the barn :)

I'm sure your space is larger / harder to warm up. I'm going to get after it here this week and next. Wife and boy are off in CA for the holiday, I jump down for a few days but that's really all I can spare. I should have lots of cold mornings to work on Fitz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom