"first unread message" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

73lndcrsr

SILVER Star
Threads
I like the feature to go to the first unread message. Any chance we might get that here?

BTW I also liked the 'down' feature.

Keep up the great work!!

I have learned so much here.

Hey, that "new" button looks sort of familiar. I just can't quite place it.

Thanks.

hey, hows the bolded topic thing going (for topics you replied to)...i know some guy was working on it, and it was a really great feature! :D

lol...still searching for that one, apparrently no one else thought it was a way kewl SP-1 feature!

Gotta vote for the bold feature on threads you've contributed to as well. I've seen that elsewhere.

Are we asking for too much yet? 8)

What's with the yellow down arrow coupled with the NEW button?

It's bad enough that I had to deal with a NEW threads that I can't keep up on but now with the yelllow down arrow I really can't ignore it :(

Sorry to hassle you Woody, great site!

Riley

hehehe...just making sure it's visible....if ya notice, it's really just one image :D

Woody -
Is there a way to use the New (go straight to first unread post) feature when I'm going to the "next" or "previous" thread on the board?
Or
To put the request another way, one financial board I follow has a "show all new" that gives me one (very long) screen of all threads with new posts, starting with the first unread in each one.
Great web site community! I'm learning a lot about the TLC, and enjoying the YaBB features, too.

LT

main forum index, check the member section or thereabouts....should allow you to read the last 10 posts in the forum (and his next for more) and then access the entire thread as you see fit.

Hey Woody this YABB stuff is great. I've never really used a board like this before the last few months and it's very cool.

I've tried to find the feature that would:

"Allow me to see all the NEW posts to say the 80s forum, in order, like the feature that you described above. I tried the button near the members board but it.... showed me ALL boards and also didn't mark the messages as read."

In short see all the NEW 80s posts, in order, on one page - following with next page - and marking them as read.

I know it's picky but perhaps pass along to the YABB guys. I use wireless a lot and with this method I could actually keep up with the 80s board.

Great work. Love it here. :D
Can't wait to get my shirt. :cheers:

Riley

Riley, the WORST part is, YaBB-SE went unsupported as of this summer, so no new mods are underdevelopment....however, I'm tracking the new software development closely and will consider upgrading to that once released.

Bitched out the shirt guy this week...considering I rejected the first 100 and they are now useless shop rags, they aren't really happy....hope to have them in by early next week, may call today and see what the scoop is...

[quote author=Riley link=board=9;threadid=6967;start=msg57820#msg57820 date=1067705609]
What's with the yellow down arrow coupled with the NEW button?

It's bad enough that I had to deal with a NEW threads that I can't keep up on but now with the yelllow down arrow I really can't ignore it :(

Sorry to hassle you Woody, great site!

Riley
[/quote]

Okay, I guess I have to show my ignorance. what NEW button? and what Yellow Arrow??
I don't tink I got dat no! :mad:

=Lothar

[quote author=Lothar80 link=board=9;threadid=6967;start=msg90567#msg90567 date=1074124212]
Okay, I guess I have to show my ignorance. what NEW button? and what Yellow Arrow??
I don't tink I got dat no! :mad:

=Lothar
[/quote]

everbodee gots dat....anytime there's a new post in a thread since the lst time you "marked all read", the image will show up...click it, and go directly to the first unread post.

Has the 'down' button gone away again?

fixed....I unchecked a few things when I was experimenting with the avatar upload issue...forgot to recheck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom