First Time Off-road Beach - Crawl not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not a huge deal but we are having a blast taking the 200 on the 4x4 beach.
Followed protocol by turning VSC off to allow slippage.
Two things I’ve noticed:
- VSC is stuck in off (trac off) mode
- I cannot engage crawl control
Any help is appreciated;
Sam

Crawl control only works in 4lo, so if you are not in 4lo that's what's stopping it from working. Also your center diff has to remain unlocked for crawl control to work

Yessir I’m in 4lo but diff is stuck in on.
Do I need to be in N or P to turn off?
It auto kicks on when I go to 4lo

Youtube on crawl control.

I know Mr Sargent ;) luv his videos.
The issue is my diff locker is stuck to on when I get in 4lo. I can turn it off/on in 4Hi.
As previous poster mentioned, CC won’t activate with diff on in 4lo
VSC is also stuck in off (which is great for sand)

I think you can still use crawl with the CDL on. Eric Sargent's video says that at 0:30 and the 200 he is in is >2016 MY. Mine is a 2013 and I think I can use crawl with CDL locked but I don't really remember as I don't use crawl that much. Crawl is awesome but I don't find I need it much. MTS at "Rock" is almost "Crawl" but you get to use the gas pedal.

If your CDL is stuck (either locked or unlocked) you should het a flashing yellow light on your dash. You do not have to be in neutral to turn it on or off. If it is flashing try turning the steering wheel from full right to left while slowly moving forward. If that doesn't work, go in reverse for 5 - 10 feet.

Mine used to stick all the time because I never used it before I started wheeling the 200. Now I just make a point to "exercise" it every few weeks.

2017 LC here

To get Crawl to work.
- Must be in 4LO
- CDL can be locked or unlocked

To get turn assist to work
- Must be in 4LO
- CDL must be unlocked
- Crawl Control must be engaged
- Then Turn Assist will work

---

Sounds like you are doing it right, that's odd. Might be a stuck switch or something else.

2017 LC here

To get Crawl to work.
- Must be in 4LO
- CDL can be locked or unlocked

To get turn assist to work
- Must be in 4LO
- CDL must be unlocked
- Crawl Control must be engaged
- Then Turn Assist will work

---

Sounds like you are doing it right, that's odd. Might be a stuck switch or something else.
100% the same in my '19

I'll also vouch for exercising diff locker and 4lo actuator - doing it well before a big outing.

Lockers still stuck to on (solid light) in 4 lo only.
I can get it to blink on and off and beep but then goes to solid again.
Ill
Keep
Playing and also I will take the ARB hose and clean off the front radiator and grill see if I can free up the sensors if they’re causing issues

Lockers still stuck to on (solid light) in 4 lo only.
I can get it to blink on and off and beep but then goes to solid again.
Ill
Keep
Playing and also I will take the ARB hose and clean off the front radiator and grill see if I can free up the sensors if they’re causing issues

If it’s blinking then try disconnecting negative battery cable for a min. Super common issue - if the CDL thinks it’s in a pending state then 4lo isn’t going to move.

If it’s blinking then try disconnecting negative battery cable for a min. Super common issue - if the CDL thinks it’s in a pending state then 4lo isn’t going to move.
Willing to try.
BTW - running this completely stock and is a total beast. I push through sand with the following operas:
- Hi range
- ECT on
- VSC/Trac off

Willing to try.
BTW - running this completely stock and is a total beast. I push through sand with the following operas:
- Hi range
- ECT on
- VSC/Trac off
And low tire pressure?

Straight from the manual.
1659463735583.png

Ok so back in the country and from Beach driving in OBX.
Circling back so I can close the loop on how I fixed this in hopes that might benefit others…?
2015 cruiser 200

Here’s the hard facts/sequence of events:
- drove on beach a lot (60+ miles in 5 days)
- VSC now stuck in off position
- Crawl not working
- diff locker in low stuck to locked (cannot turn off diff in 4lo)
- cruise control not working (error light saying check sensor)

Solution to all
Of this:
Use OBD reader to reset C1290 ( abnormal angle sensor). Essentially just performed a zero point calibration.
All of the above issue work now.
Not sure if car getting bounced around in sand ruts threw it off or just sand getting inside sensors or parts…? Who knows
Happy to respond here to questions.

How old is your battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom