First sample logo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Little late to the show here, But I want my 02 cents out there.

1. Battle Born is VERY busy with the terrain inside the lettering, additionally the "riveted" look is tacky to me.
2. I'm not a fan of the brown for the color of the 40. Its dull, my eyes keep being drawn to brightest thing which is the desert side.
3. The wheels.....
4. I think a simple bumper without the stinger and that light would be better, that way "Toyota" could be centered and we would get a full bezel.
5. "Of Northern Nevada" should stay, it tells people our location immediately, especially since we do not have the state in the logo anymore.

And the point of changing the logo is to have something better, right?
We wont achieve that with the same set of standards, set the bar high.

It's on the checks. If we were going to shorten it then everyone who writes checks to us really wishes we had already done that.

Well then should we change our domain names to battleborncruisersofnorthernnevada.com! Kidding. :) We should go the other way with unofficial things and we can worry about the official stuff later, if at all. Plenty of businesses and entities use shorter names in marketing materials and such but the official business name was longer.

Little late to the show here, But I want my 02 cents out there.

1. Battle Born is VERY busy with the terrain inside the lettering, additionally the "riveted" look is tacky to me.
2. I'm not a fan of the brown for the color of the 40. Its dull, my eyes keep being drawn to brightest thing which is the desert side.
3. The wheels.....
4. I think a simple bumper without the stinger and that light would be better, that way "Toyota" could be centered and we would get a full bezel.
5. "Of Northern Nevada" should stay, it tells people our location immediately, especially since we do not have the state in the logo anymore.

And the point of changing the logo is to have something better, right?
We wont achieve that with the same set of standards, set the bar high.

Thanks Justin. I think most of your comments are covered in the next revision. The point of the new logo is to have an updated and more professional looking logo. With higher standards come higher prices though, so we need to balance that out a bit. I personally see nothing wrong with the overall direction of this design in regards to quality.

I'll see if he can change the color, maybe keep it red like the old one, but I suspect that is a major revision thing and will cost us. Maybe muting the background more will help. Here's the last update he sent. I haven't shared the larger lists yet as I have been gone the last four days and need to get them organized for him.

I'm gonna hold my ground on leaving of the northern nevada stuff so I am guessing we will need to take a vote on it. I'll add a poll up above.

1611609629924.png

Alright I shared everyone's thoughts and am awaiting a new sample. I asked that the next one have "of Northern Nevada" in small letters between "Cruisers" and "Est. 1994" as well.

I REALLY appreciate everyone's participation in this process. Thank you!🙏

I dig the red and the wagon wheels. I had him fix the "Toyota," add an 8274 winch, fix the round blinker and early door handle. He moved the 40 to the right a bit and pushed the pine back (I think it needs to be subdued a little more).

I am going to ask him to add Aisin hubs to the front and give the wagon wheels some more depth. Oh and I added "of Northern Nevada" in as well. I will have him cleanup the "Est. 1994" a bit too.

1611677402548.png

Like the revisions so far, but no crazy on his work with the wagon wheels. Looks to me like he just slapped something in there, at least the others had a bit of depth to them to make the image more realistic. But will wait for other revisions.

Like the revisions so far, but no crazy on his work with the wagon wheels. Looks to me like he just slapped something in there, at least the others had a bit of depth to them to make the image more realistic. But will wait for other revisions.
These are just samples. He will clean it all up before delivery, but I already asked for more depth and a few other things (see my comment above the pic).

I think it looks great. Way to go Tony on getting something everyone will like. And we still have the vintage one. Red does look better. And not just cause mine is red. :hillbilly:

I think it looks great. Way to go Tony on getting something everyone will like. And we still have the vintage one. Red does look better. And not just cause mine is red. :hillbilly:

I thought of you instantly... Don't let it go to your head! :rofl:

Here's the fixed rims, Aisin hubs. He's adding the parking/running light under the headlight and doing some more cleanup.

1611687036971.png

We should have a final version this week! I will send the Illustrator files to Robert over at Battle Born Clothing so we can get the store up and running as soon as possible.

I will get the final price from the artist to create versions with the 62, 80, and 100 Series vehicles too. I he said the price will be very low if we aren't changing the rest of the image. He'll basically replace the FJ40 layer with the new vehicle layer for each Series.

What do you guys think?

White for FJ62, Silver for FZJ80, and Gold for the 100 Series? Or keep them all red???

Alright boys, I'm prepping to send the files to Battle Born Clothing and have him setup our store. I plan to do order some shirts and sweaters with the full logo on the back and a modified logo with just the 40 and the name on the front.

I'll also be ordering the business cards and we will talk about publishing the website at the next meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom