First sample logo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
This is the artists for pass just to get a feel for what he is doing.

1610919766390.png

I like the 40 and I like the landscape in the letters. He said he hasn't actually done any work on the background yet and just tossed the trees in for effect.

My thoughts are as follows...
  • I would like a rectangular logo rather than a round one. It will fit on our handout cards better and is just different from a lot of logos out there and that is a good thing imo.
  • I don't want it to have the "fish eye" or bulbus look to it.
  • I would want terrain under the vehicle instead of it floating.
  • The idea behind the background is to showcase the desert and forested mountainous terrain famous in our area. I would like it all drawn and no generic backgrounds like he used in this sample.
For reference I shared this photo as an example of some of the terrain and the 40.
1610919784177.png

Another sample in rectangle and cleaned up background.

I asked him to:
  1. Make the bezel white.
  2. add the fender and turn signal.
  3. remove the coilovers and add leaf springs.
  4. bring the "Battle Born" down closer to the 40 and crop the top of the background to just a hair above the snowy peak.
  5. remove the white from around "Est. 1994" and make those letters a little smaller.

1610941629883.png

Last edited:
He redrew our "vintage" logo in vector format. In other words it can be resized almost infinitely and used on more products than the old one. We can also greyscale it really easily as well.

1610985200627.png

Ok fellas. Speak now or FOREVER (no kidding!) hold your peace. This is pretty much the final version and I love it! The sagebrush and bristlecone pine looks so neat.

1611021451423.png

In general I like it, not crazy about the color pallet for the name. IMHO the club name would look better more monochrome, probably shades of blue with silver highlights to reflect the state color theme.
Monte Blanc on the right? , maybe we could get a peak that was more recognizably from the Sierras? Mount Rose?

Just my .02 because you asked.

In general I like it, not crazy about the color pallet for the name. IMHO the club name would look better more monochrome, probably shades of blue with silver highlights to reflect the state color theme.
Monte Blanc on the right? , maybe we could get a peak that was more recognizably from the Sierras? Mount Rose?

Just my .02 because you asked.

Thanks Dan! I agree about the lettering. I asked him to do simple block letter instead of the detailed background. I will post it up once he sends it over. I don't know how easy (or free) it will be to change the mountains. I'll ask.

Keep in mind that we will be able to adjust the logo, remove elements, etc. afterwards. We will own the layered files so if we want just the vehicle and the letters for the front of the shirt we can do that in black and white or full color, or we can do the full pic larger on the back of the shirt... or both!

He said he's get me flat block letter version today, I will post it up as soon as I see it.

We will start on the other vehicle versions next with the same background and scenery. I am thinking 62, 80, and 100 Series Land Cruisers. I don't think anyone is actively cruising in a 55 or 200 atm so we can wait on them. How's that sound?

What format will the files be in?
Adobe Illustrator will be the native file. I have a subscription to Adobe Creative Suite so I can save copies in just about any format. I will give the .ai file to Battle Born Clothing for printing though.

So here are my thoughts...
- Solid color for the letters of the club name. Having it "terrain" based causes it to melt into the image and less attracting to the eye.
- Rig is off center (pushed more towards left) in the image which causes it to be unbalanced. Wouldn't be bad if full image was NV shaped like original/vintage logo but this throws things off as the weighting of things is heavily centered to left-center
- Windshield wipers are on the top cap of the windshield.. Is this correct?
- Shading of mountain being monochromatic and then fading into the desert scene washes out the backside of the 40 which almost makes we feel like I can't focus on that side of the image properly. So needs to be all color background or all monochromatic, some derivation in color is ok but needs to be balanced
- Club name... are we Battle Born Cruisers or Battle Born Cruisers of Northern NV? Name needs to be accurate
- In my screens the bezel is coming up as more flesh toned or pink, not white. This should be changed to be WHITE
- Potentially move the pinion pine over to the foreground by the rear wheels. Where it sits currently makes it look like it is in the middle of the trail. Just seems "plopped" into the image without thought. There is also too much bright detail in the tree where it is which causes the eye to detract from the center of focus (40 and club name).
- (Personal Preference) I hate the wheels on it, do not seem like something a 40 guy would run, but more along the lines of "homie wheels". I get the feeling from the art style this guys is used to drawing slammed mini-trucks and sedans/rice burners. But that is must my gut.
- Rear fenders???

So here are my thoughts...
- Solid color for the letters of the club name. Having it "terrain" based causes it to melt into the image and less attracting to the eye.
- Rig is off center (pushed more towards left) in the image which causes it to be unbalanced. Wouldn't be bad if full image was NV shaped like original/vintage logo but this throws things off as the weighting of things is heavily centered to left-center
- Windshield wipers are on the top cap of the windshield.. Is this correct?
- Shading of mountain being monochromatic and then fading into the desert scene washes out the backside of the 40 which almost makes we feel like I can't focus on that side of the image properly. So needs to be all color background or all monochromatic, some derivation in color is ok but needs to be balanced
- Club name... are we Battle Born Cruisers or Battle Born Cruisers of Northern NV? Name needs to be accurate
- In my screens the bezel is coming up as more flesh toned or pink, not white. This should be changed to be WHITE
- Potentially move the pinion pine over to the foreground by the rear wheels. Where it sits currently makes it look like it is in the middle of the trail. Just seems "plopped" into the image without thought. There is also too much bright detail in the tree where it is which causes the eye to detract from the center of focus (40 and club name).
- (Personal Preference) I hate the wheels on it, do not seem like something a 40 guy would run, but more along the lines of "homie wheels". I get the feeling from the art style this guys is used to drawing slammed mini-trucks and sedans/rice burners. But that is must my gut.
- Rear fenders???

Damned anal retentive analysts... From now on everyone gets an opinion except analysts! ;)

Some of this will be major revision work which will cost us more $$$ I will take your list to him though and see what he comes back with.

- solid colors in the letters is coming in the next version
- I did notice that the 40 seemed off center, but it isn't technically. I fits within the "CRUISERS" perfectly and the lettering is centered in the frame. So it is more an optics off center than a mathematical one.
- In conversation NONE of us says "of northern nevada" the url is battleborncruisers.com or org, and the reason we added it no longer exists. A Harley club in Vegas had the name first and they are now disbanded. The formal name on our paperwork and checks is still "of northern nevada" but functionally we are just battle born cruisers. Adding the rest to a logo would make it awkward and even more busy imo.
- Bezel is super white in the latest version.
- Real 40s don't have rear fenders!
-I'll see if he can do steel rims with OE hub caps.

1611246150655.png

Hey you threw the opinion out there!!! Y'all know how my mind works!
And wasn't sure about the rear fenders, just couldn't remember just like the windshield wipers... for some reason thought they were on the bottom of the windshield but wasn't 100% on that stuff.
OE steel with hubcaps or maybe 60 series style OE rims.

Hey you threw the opinion out there!!! Y'all know how my mind works!
And wasn't sure about the rear fenders, just couldn't remember just like the windshield wipers... for some reason thought they were on the bottom of the windshield but wasn't 100% on that stuff.
OE steel with hubcaps or maybe 60 series style OE rims.
Lol. You're good man. This is your club too and I want everyone's voices to be heard. Wipers on early 40s were on top and one the bottom for later models. I might just have him remove them altogether???

Fawk this fired off my QC personality.
Older 40's had the wipers on the top of the windshield, not sure what year they moved to the bottom.
Real 40's don't have rear fenders but they also don't have rounded rocker panels like a Bronco.
Is the bezel right? The more I look at it the more details I find wrong, how accurate do we need to be?

I agree the Bristlecone needs to be more subdued to make the truck stand out.

Back in the seventies we all swapped the OEM wheels for white "wagon wheel" rims, American Racing Baby! The chrome looks kind of ghetto IMHO.

We could throw "Of Northern Nevada" in with the "Established In 1994" text and reduce the font size a bit to make it fit. IMHO we need the Northern Nevada distinction in our logo.

Fawk this fired off my QC personality.
Older 40's had the wipers on the top of the windshield, not sure what year they moved to the bottom.
Real 40's don't have rear fenders but they also don't have rounded rocker panels like a Bronco.
Is the bezel right? The more I look at it the more details I find wrong, how accurate do we need to be?

I agree the Bristlecone needs to be more subdued to make the truck stand out.

Back in the seventies we all swapped the OEM wheels for white "wagon wheel" rims, American Racing Baby! The chrome looks kind of ghetto IMHO.

We could throw "Of Northern Nevada" in with the "Established In 1994" text and reduce the font size a bit to make it fit. IMHO we need the Northern Nevada distinction in our logo.
:bang:I've been reviewing PCB schematics and layout. I don't even want to put glasses on after work.

I will run some of these by him. Here's some things to keep in mind...

Our original logo isn't all that detailed or accurate, so lets not set the bar too high for the new!

I thoroughly dislike "of Northern Nevada." There's no point anymore since there are no other Battle Born Cruisers of any kind elsewhere, including the website. No one uses that full name in conversation, It is still on the old logo, so you can roll with that if you have a special attachment to the longer name. If anyone is married to the name, then I'll propose a vote or a poll as a club and I'll go with the decision of the club, but my vote is that we leave it off the new logo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom