First gen sequoia ignition lock cylinder?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I feel pretty good about my mechanical abilities but today I finally had my key cylinder give out. No amount of jiggling would work, so I watched a few videos and tried to fix the existing cylinder (the tumbler within it) to no avail. So I thought whatever, $200 for a new one is no big deal but I must be some kind of idiot to think you could just plug and play. How easy would it be to steal cars if you could do that. At this point I’m totally lost. I tried the new one which just cranks but doesn’t start. I did it a few times and it started to kill all power to the car. I could hear a clicking noise almost like a fuse when trying to turn it over.

At this point I’m way past my depth and just desperate for any input. Poor girl is stuck in the driveway, although I guess at least I got stranded at home!

perhaps it's time ............

69057-90800 4.jpg

Key banner - Copy4.jpg

Sounds like you didn't program the immobilizer. Is the key that came with the new ignition cylinder all metal? Hold the old key right next to the new one while you're trying to start it. If it starts you'll have to either get a new key cut to the new ignition cylinder and program the immobilizer or take the new cylinder out and have it rekeyed to match the old key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom