Finally got hung up on Drop Brakets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can't say that I wouldn't have gotton hung up without them in this case though either, I was able to push on through, after the rear tires threw all the loose stones out of the way and grabbed some traction. Considering all the stuff I've done with these drop brackets (front only) I really don't think they're as much a hinderance as some people would want you to believe, but since I've finally managed after 2 years of trying to finally get hung up, thought I'd share.
DROP BRACKETS.JPG

Yep, this is when you start stacking rocks in front (or behind) of that front tire. I prefer finding one big freaking rock instead of many boulders. Happens to me most of the time. It's just another thing I have to think about before taking a line. The real bugger is when you get hung up on the belly (Usually the X-member for me), rear Diff and one (or both) of those brackets at the same time ;). IIRC, my hi-lift jack almost reached its limit in one those situations. It's all fun :D

yup I have the drop brackets to and have been waiting for this to happen as well

If they work for you then its all good.

I for one have never been a fan for this exact reason.

Although it might be seldom seen its just one of those things I consider avoidable however to each their own. This is what makes horse races..................lol

If they work for you then its all good.

I for one have never been a fan for this exact reason.

Although it might be seldom seen its just one of those things I consider avoidable however to each their own. This is what makes horse races..................lol

Well, on the plus side, my hwy ride is good, no drive shaft vibes, and I'm at J's +1.375" spacer, and the real kicker is I put the lift on and never had the front end aligned, yet have no odd wear on the tires, which have 30,000 miles on them.

Sort of have to just hit the right height ledge (and btw, I drove off this, no outside assistance), cause 3" less ledge and I wouldn't have caught, 3" more ledge and I'd hit the frame anyway. Plus the upward angle hurts to.

Can't knock me for sharing though - I, mean, I'm not hiding anything.

For comparison - on this I did not get hung up:
disney Down 1.JPG
disney Down 2.JPG

nor did they cause any issues with this....
Hole.JPG
hole 2.JPG
HOLE 3.JPG

nor did they cause any issues with this....

The drop brackets up front really mean you are using your arms more as a slider. The pic where you hung up the is really hung on the arm and the bracket together.

I wouldn't do them for my usage (can't use the arms as a slider if you need to back off a ledge where you are already on the frame), but you can see why they are nowhere near the issue that dropping the rears is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom