Feb 21st 2015 URE workday. 1000 hrs start time for this one. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

krzyabncanuck

USFS HOTSHOT
GOLD Star
Threads
Here is the info from Terry.

Hi Everyone – The next work day is Saturday, February 21st at 10 am at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp. The main focus will be on Daniel Trail to install the barricades that are necessary there to keep traffic on the trail through the archaeology sites. Darin joined Joel Hardison and myself this week to flag these sites and figure out what we need. We’re getting more guardrail and posts purchased and delivered for this workday. There are 3 main sites where we’ll be installing guardrail and signing these areas for “No Camping” and “No Vehicles”. There will be one section along the trail that we’ll use vehicles and winches and block off the edges of the trail and short bypasses.

I will be going around on the trails and installing as many orange diamonds, arrows & trail numbers as possible to improve the marking of the trails to help people really follow the correct trail routes. I could use one person to go with me in our gator for the trail marking.

The trail maintenance contractor started on Wednesday and should be done by April 1st. We’ve got a wooden guiderail contract going out and will hopefully start at the beginning of March to replace some guardrail on Rocky Mt Loop, Slab Pile & Dickey Bell Trails with the permanent barricades of the large wooden fencing. I hope that will be done by April 1st too.

I’m not sure if Snappy will be making lunch or not but I’m sure he’ll let us know if he is soon. Thanks a lot for your help and continued volunteering. For the clubs that haven’t sent their Adopt-a-Trail forms back in I’ve attached them again. Please fill them out if you’re still interested in being trail adopters. For the folks that came last work day and said that you’re interested in adopting a trail you can fill out the forms and leave the name of the trail blank for now and when I get all of the forms back from past adoptees I can see which trails don’t have adoptees and we’ll have you take on those trails. If you have any questions about trail adoption feel free to ask.

Carolina Broncos – Will you be coming up this weekend to work on your stream crossings? Please contact me directly and let me know.

Bye - Terry

Last edited:
I've got the other twin chomping at the bit for me to bring him out. After his brother camped in the cold and the rain, I don't think he's willing to be outdone, so it looks like I'll be setting up in the Hunt Camp Friday night. (This time with my keys in my pocket)

You can go camp at Arrowhead for free if you want . I can set it up for you.

Well sure. I have a hard time passing up free. I appreciate it.

It has been brought up by a major club out there that they are going to try working both Saturday and Sunday. If you are interested in either day keep that in mind. Not confirmed for Sunday yet though.

Darin, do you think 109 will be cleared?

I was planning to go. My DJ event in Raleigh was already canceled due to weather and that was my reason for coming up from the coast this weekend. Still debating, I wish the trails were open so I could make a weekend out of it!

I was planning to head out Friday and camp with one of my boys, but Friday has an expected low of 15F and I no longer have the gear for that kind of cold...waiting, and hoping the forecast changes a bit.

If I the low comes up to 25F, I'll be there.

The workday is still a go. We will be starting at 1000 hrs and not 0900 hrs . They do not clear 109 if that is your question. It should be good though.

I'm going to try pretty hard to make it to this one. I'm going to drive out to Hunt Camp early Saturday morning, so no camping for me. I'll be leaving from South Raleigh/Garner if anyone needs a ride out there.

See you there.

Again it starts 10 am for you Civilian folks out there.

Hey Alex, I'm in if you want to drive, I can get you from Mal Weathers! Fam won't come out in the cold, so let me know if you want a copilot...

Late start, but we'll be there!

Slick. Got the work done over on Falls Dam but the bigger group out there on Daniel could only get the rails where they are needed to put in. Will be working on them in March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom