Favorite Tools (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Get a full set of sae & metric sockets, extensions, ratchets, etc. in a case with a spot for every socket. makes keeping track of them much easier. i have a small craftsman set that i've supplemented w/ various extras ( u-joint sockets, several extensions, ratchet-driven hex drivers, larger metric sockets, etc).

My travel tool box is a Tool Caddy, available from sears. 3 trays, and can function as a stool. Top tray has various crimp connectors, fuses, wire (insulated and bare), plumber's tape, various screws, bolts, nuts, and washers, cotter pins, quick splice chain connectors, a 12v test light, dial calipers, measuring tape, electrical tape, teflon tape, a _small_ first aid kit, a relay or two, a couple of fuse-holders, some 2-part epoxy (both liquid and solid), wire ties, and probably some other stuff I've forgotten. Middle tray has crimping pliers, regular pliers, sliding-adjustable water pump pliers (channel locks), a couple of pry-bars, 2 or 3 flares, a full set of screwdrivers in straight and philips, metric and sae wrenches, a couple of "crescent" wrenches, a breaker bar, vise grips, a set of files, and a hacksaw blade holder. Bottom tray holds multi-meter, 3 hammers (small, medium, and large), socket case, extra case full of extensions, brake fluid, impact driver, wire brush, large (cheap) "rambo" knife in sheath (I used this to cut down a small tree one day, to create a path for a car that ended up in a river bed during an autocross I was driving in), a set of small picks, a spare sparkplug wire, and, I believe, a spare plug. Oh, I've got a butane fired soldering iron & kit in there too.

I've done a LOT of work out of this box, and expect to do much more over the course of my life.

Your tool box may vary
G'dood

Vice grips, i had a pair of the craftsman ones with the rubberized grips, loved them and lost them. 12, 14, and 17mm combination wrenches seem to get the most use by me. Oh, and you can not live with out a 54mm or 2 1/8in hub socket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom