Famous Reading Outdoors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am about ready to plunk down the $225 needed for a year long membership at Famous Reading Outdoors. Their main location is about ten miles from my house. I had an annual membership a few years ago, hardly used it, and let it lapse. Frankly the few times I took my FJ40 there I was pissed off by A) the number of motorcycles and side by sides flying past me and B) my lack of familiarity with the trails and maps.
Since then I've heard from several members who have used the FRO facility and were quite happy with the experience. FRO has a lot of trails including some very close to AAOA in the Shamokin area. This weekend there is a rock crawling competition on which a few of my friends are competing. Frankly I'm disappointed in myself that i haven't explored this facility further. So here I am ready to make the investment and see what it is all about. Maybe we can get a club trail ride together at this facility. Stay tuned and please respond with comments whether supportive or otherwise.

I love it there but I'm in a buggy on 40s. Sometimes we just go explore and do 20-30 miles, sometimes we go run stupid hard stuff. Gotta put in time to figure it out though. It's not RC or AAOA, it's not well mapped, there's no rescue team. You can't call the office telling them you broke on trail 13 and need help.

IMG_20210308_123618_863.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom