Falken Wildpeak vs Rubitrek (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was digging into the Wildpeak on the Falken website and noticed the Rubitrek. There seems to be a good bit of folks running the Wildpeak with good results, but I cannot find many cases of the Rubitrek. Looking at Falken's site, they rate the Rubitrek as good as or better than the Wildpeak in every category??? Any opinion or knowledge on this?

screenshot-www.falkentire.com-2020.01.21-13_32_52.png

screenshot-www.falkentire.com-2020.01.21-13_35_00.png

Pretty close. I think they were just making a tire better suited for all the bro-trucks to compete with the Ridge Grappler maybe....squarer tread and a aggressive sidewall for mall crawling.

That said, the Rubi-things maybe have softer rubber. The UTQG for the ones that are rated are less by a little. Likely would do better in winter, but maybe chunk more on sharp rocks if I had to make assumptions. If it had a "Ride Quality" rating like the AT3W it would probably be higher?

Pretty close. I think they were just making a tire better suited for all the bro-trucks to compete with the Ridge Grappler maybe....squarer tread and a aggressive sidewall for mall crawling.

That said, the Rubi-things maybe have softer rubber. The UTQG for the ones that are rated are less by a little. Likely would do better in winter, but maybe chunk more on sharp rocks if I had to make assumptions. If it had a "Ride Quality" rating like the AT3W it would probably be higher?

Yeah, kinda funny that they don't use consistent categories for the rankings.

Yeah, kinda funny that they don't use consistent categories for the rankings.

I noticed that as well. That said I manged to get a great deal and have a set of Falken M/T's on my FJC. They have been on less than 2,000 miles so not a lot to say about them yet. They were great off road on a hunting trip in thick soupy mud that we have here in Ga.

I think the biggest difference is the connected tread in the middle of the tread design, it will give the rubi better lateral stability at high speeds. Where the Wildpeak may wander a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom