Falken Wildpeak MT actual tread width? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mistakenly started this question in FJ Cruiser section, so now starting it here. Sorry for a double post.

I am hopeful some of you with the Falken Wildpeak MT can provide info on the actual tread width of the tire. I am looking at fitting taller and somewhat skinny tire and have been hearing the Falken run narrow for their size. The tread certainly looks more narrow than the overall width, but I'm needing actual experience from you all.

255/80R17 is the tall skinny I am looking for, but the Cooper ST MAXX is short for that size and a true MT would be preferred. If the Falken MT runs skinny, I'm wondering if it is in fact a tall skinny, something closer to a 33x10.5ish, which would be great for my needs. Other 285/70 varieties are likely too wide for what I am looking for.

Thank you for the info all!

Tread width is almost always 1" less than section width. The difference is not much between a true MT which may have higher depth on some manufacturers using 21/32 tread blocks but those are worn down after some miles. I'd just go with the tire you prefer instead of overthinking about 1/4" of tread.

wildpeak.jpg

Thanks for the input! I was hearing it's more like 1-1/4" difference on the MT Falken, but I'm sure less OCD on my side of things will be less trouble than worrying about it. I'll just chop fender liners if it's a tad wide. Always liked the Coopers, so will go them again and enjoy the ride

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom