Failed Inspection due to Power Steering Gear box Leak. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

15 days the issue is if i cant get it passed id be dead in the water. At least here i can borrow my parents extra truck. Just rather have it for sure pass than gamble

Not trying to turn this into a VA inspection thread but I think the 15 days is for a free retest. If you come back later you just have to pay the $16 fee (or whatever it is). I think you can drive it (or park it) for as long as you want (up until you need to register) but risk a ticket after some point if your driving or getting towed if you are in an apartment or condo complex with s***ty a tow policy. I have had to deal with this a few times. Although I see the benefits I think the VA inspection process a pain in the ass and in a lot of cases very subjective to what side of the bed the inspector woke up on.

So it passed. I asked the guy if he saw it dripping, and he said it was wet, which it was, and it was obviously leaking from the steering shaft. He then said do you want me to take the cover off and look at it. Which i said yes to, he came back and said he could see any actually leaking and to just watch it because thats alot of fluid around it. To which i said its a landcruiser if it didnt have excess oil everywhere it would have rusted to s***.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom