Factory roof rack removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These are all standard parts. GX kit comes with 6 covers. Looks like the stock roof rack on my truck 2011 only seems to 4 points of attachment.

1661079181466.png

1661079057100.png

1661078994444.png

LX uses 4 out of 8 attachment points and LC uses 6 of 8. So in theory you need 4 covers for a LX and 6 for LC.

Those kits are for people removing their rack for a "cleaner" look, ensuring that the holes are properly sealed.
Assuming you have an LC then you will need 6 plates, 6 covers, and 12 short bolts.
No model needs the full set of 8 unless you want to go to the trouble of replacing the already installed covers - e.g. they are rusted.

Just be sure to remove and replace the bolts 2mm of tighten/untighten on each bolt. The hangers under the headliner will spin if you take out one bolt all at once and leave the other in place. Work them both out together.

Just be sure to remove and replace the bolts 2mm of tighten/untighten on each bolt. The hangers under the headliner will spin if you take out one bolt all at once and leave the other in place. Work them both out together.
If not it is rly pain in the ass to get the washers out of the panels…. my luck was since I didnt have any carpets anymore the where falling out but yeah….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom