Extra Fuel Containers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I will have to haul extra fuel and do not have an off-road rear bump yet. I am trying to find an alternative to way to haul either 4 2.5 gallon fuel tanks with maybe one in each corner of the roof rack. New to this game and looking for ideas.

Do you fill you fuel container while on roof or fill on ground level then haul them up top.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Fill them on the ground. Why not use five gallon cans? Might be easier to get them mounted.

Fill them on the ground. Why not use five gallon cans? Might be easier to get them mounted.
I like the 5 gallon Jerry cans placed around center or forward of center in the roof rack. I saw a pic with 5 of them across. Thanks for responding.

Rotopak’s are another option...expensive, but well-made and lower profile than 5-gallon metal fuel cans.
They make several sizes, including 4-gallon versions. A couple of these would just about get you to the capacity you’re looking for.

Rotopak’s are another option...expensive, but well-made and lower profile than 5-gallon metal fuel cans.
They make several sizes, including 4-gallon versions. A couple of these would just about get you to the capacity you’re looking for.
Love the Rotopacks but not sure they are in my budget. Thanks for helping.

Love the Rotopacks but not sure they are in my budget. Thanks for helping.

If you can find them, take a look at the plastic scepter cans. I prefer them to metal cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom