Everyone Alive? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

How's everyone been? What's new? Hopefully everyone's surviving COVID-19 and maintaining some sort of sanity in the meantime?

I still have the 88 4Runner and I've been piling up parts for this thing for a little over a year now and it's finally coming together. She should be trip worthy, sooner than later. I actually just received a new steering box, flat pitman arm and steering box mount. After installing the new steering parts, the only thing left to do is rebuilding the front axle.

I've been brainstorming a Gold Lake trip once the 4Runner is ready. I'm not planning on doing anything more than just a camping trip with the lady and pup but i'd like to get some time behind the wheel of the 4Runner and also bring the kayak/mountain bike up.

Currently, i'm pretty focused with getting my Xrunner sold. Once that's sold, i'll be able to invest more time into the 4Runner since i'll have even more garage space to tear everything down properly.

Hope all is well with everyone.

- Mike

Hey all,

How's everyone been? What's new? Hopefully everyone's surviving COVID-19 and maintaining some sort of sanity in the meantime?

I still have the 88 4Runner and I've been piling up parts for this thing for a little over a year now and it's finally coming together. She should be trip worthy, sooner than later. I actually just received a new steering box, flat pitman arm and steering box mount. After installing the new steering parts, the only thing left to do is rebuilding the front axle.

I've been brainstorming a Gold Lake trip once the 4Runner is ready. I'm not planning on doing anything more than just a camping trip with the lady and pup but i'd like to get some time behind the wheel of the 4Runner and also bring the kayak/mountain bike up.

Currently, i'm pretty focused with getting my Xrunner sold. Once that's sold, i'll be able to invest more time into the 4Runner since i'll have even more garage space to tear everything down properly.

Hope all is well with everyone.

- Mike

Good here man.. Glad all is well for you. I am down, if your looking for people.

Good here man.. Glad all is well for you. I am down, if your looking for people.

Hey Paul,

How's the cruiser doing? Yeah, i'm not trying to put together a specific event or anything. Anyone who'd like to come can definitely come. I still need to find the lady a Kayak and I'm on the schedule to get the box installed as early as the 1st week of September, so there's definitely a gap in time. In the meantime, I need to work on getting the 4Runner smogged so that it's "registered". Last time I had it smogged, it was more than triple the legal Nox measurement. haha!

I already spoke to my brother and future sister-in-law and they're down to roll up there once my 4Runner is ready. I'm not even sure who else has a rig or is even in California anymore from previous events.

- Mike

I'm still here, still got the 4runner
IMG_1052.JPG

Pic from snowboarding trip to Boreal pre Covid 19

Hey Paul,

How's the cruiser doing? Yeah, i'm not trying to put together a specific event or anything. Anyone who'd like to come can definitely come. I still need to find the lady a Kayak and I'm on the schedule to get the box installed as early as the 1st week of September, so there's definitely a gap in time. In the meantime, I need to work on getting the 4Runner smogged so that it's "registered". Last time I had it smogged, it was more than triple the legal Nox measurement. haha!

I already spoke to my brother and future sister-in-law and they're down to roll up there once my 4Runner is ready. I'm not even sure who else has a rig or is even in California anymore from previous events.

- Mike

My truck is great, just racking up the miles of smiles.

My truck is great, just racking up the miles of smiles.
Same here up to 320,000 miles still going strong and passing smog. Just been doing maintenance did a timing belt water pump last year found stock bumper and running boards. working on interior and suspension now.

Still here as well.... glad to hear everyone is doing good....we were up at Gold Lake about 2 weekends ago and WOW, I've never seen that place that packed.... even the parking lot for the boat launch was so crowded
20200801_104217.jpg
20200801_104256.jpg

Still here as well.... glad to hear everyone is doing good....we were up at Gold Lake about 2 weekends ago and WOW, I've never seen that place that packed.... even the parking lot for the boat launch was so crowdedView attachment 2405964View attachment 2405965

Damn! You went with a pretty large group yourself, it looks like.

Were all the typical areas spoken for? Obviously no beach front areas?

Damn! You went with a pretty large group yourself, it looks like.

Were all the typical areas spoken for? Obviously no beach front areas?

LOL.. yeah, it was family...they just wanted to get out and go for a day trip. This was at the day use area, which is the beach front areas and most, if not all were being used. What sucks for the day use area was that the people at the camp site across from these day use areas are parking cars and leaving there stuff there....so nobody can use them and so they can exclusively use both sites.

As for the small lake (where we normally camp) is full, as well as the big lake beach front site...

LOL.. yeah, it was family...they just wanted to get out and go for a day trip. This was at the day use area, which is the beach front areas and most, if not all were being used. What sucks for the day use area was that the people at the camp site across from these day use areas are parking cars and leaving there stuff there....so nobody can use them and so they can exclusively use both sites.

As for the small lake (where we normally camp) is full, as well as the big lake beach front site...

Well... shoot. It seems like Gold Lake has definitely become more popular over the years. I'm still a couple months out from being able to get my 4Runner operational, too. Getting this thing to pass smog every two years is a huge headache but as of right now I have everything to at least address the issue:

NGK Plugs
NGK Wires
OEM Cap
OEM Rotor

I'm also redoing the vacuum lines with something that's a little "stronger". The last time I did the vacuum lines, I wasn't a huge fan of how thin the silicone was. I also discovered last night that once the truck is warmed up, some of the lines are actually collapsing/clogged and preventing the EGR from working properly. The last time it went in for smog, it failed miserably due to ridiculously high NOX numbers. I'm hoping that I can just run some seafoam, perform a tune up and swap out the vacuum lines and get her to pass. If that fails, i'll replace the Catalytic converter.

Is your timing advanced? I always have to remember to put mine back to stock before the test...

Not my inspection report. I posted here to help with diagnoses for Mak92 4RnR. PM's won't let you attach images.

But, I run my truck at about 8-9deg BTDC. Huge difference in everyday driving and response.

Not my inspection report. I posted here to help with diagnoses for Mak92 4RnR. PM's won't let you attach images.

But, I run my truck at about 8-9deg BTDC. Huge difference in everyday driving and response.
Ah. OK. Same here with the timing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom