EVAP system by-pass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We have well known secondary air by-pass fixes to get around that issue.

We can use spark-plug anti-foulers or resisters to get around the catalytic converter.

What is the go around for the EVAP system. Nobody figured that one out yet? Isn't there just some pressure switch in the system that can be jumped or modified to trick the ECU into thinking that the system is holding pressure. I am throwing that code and I really do not want to put in the time and effort to chase that down, it is just simply not worth it.

What’s the code? If it’s evap small leak the fix is usually a new o ring on your gas cap.

For clarity, you are asking if there's a PnP system that will just bypass EVAP codes, right? I bought the RuTech bypass for the SAIS, but right now I'm chasing EVAP codes for the charcoal canister and potentially the MAF. I just grabbed an OEM charcoal canister from a junk yard so I'm hoping 1. it works and 2. it's what is causing my codes.

If there is a system that hides the EVAP codes, not detrimental to the performance of the vehicle, I am all ears.

For clarity, you are asking if there's a PnP system that will just bypass EVAP codes, right? I bought the RuTech bypass for the SAIS, but right now I'm chasing EVAP codes for the charcoal canister and potentially the MAF. I just grabbed an OEM charcoal canister from a junk yard so I'm hoping 1. it works and 2. it's what is causing my codes.

If there is a system that hides the EVAP codes, not detrimental to the performance of the vehicle, I am all ears.

That is exactly what I am talking about, a system that hides the codes so the CEL does not come on and I will not have an issue passing NJ inspection. I am going to get a new gas cap and do a check of the hoses but that is as far as I am going with this. Chasing down an EVAP leak is so much more trouble than it is worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom