Engine upgrade from 3B to 1HZ - 60 series LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I purchased a 1HZ engine & got the transmission/transfer case in the deal. My very ambitious plan is to drive there and do the rebuild on the spot, and I have only 7 days to complete the job. I have access to a skilled technician but I would like to gather as much info as possible beforehand, and arrange for parts that are needed to maximize our chances.

1) TRANSMISSION: two ways to go here:
A) Use the transmission & gearbox combo that I have gotten. PRO: It mates to the engine. NEG: I have no idea what combo transmission & transfer case that I recieved. I guess I need to modify the mounting points and also modify the tunnel as the shifters will not be in the same position.

Question: Can anyone identify it from the pictures? My guess is H150/151. Is it possible/has anyone managed to fit this to a 60 series vehicle?

B) Use my current gearbox: H55F 5-speed. For this operation, I will need a H55/1HZ Bellhousing and replace the input shaft (28 spline long --> 28 spline short).

Question: can I reuse the input shaft from a H151/150 on a H55F?

2) ENGINE MOUNTS: I have purchased new from cruiserbrothers so I will just align and weld on the chassis.

3) COOLING: my 3B radiator needs a 90 degrees angle to fit this engine, worst case scenario I will build a new custom one. If space is tight, then I will convert it to electrical fans.
What else did I forget?

gbox.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom