Engine Swap

Discussion in 'Tundra / Sequoia' started by Gorakshep, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Gorakshep

Gorakshep

Has anyone installed an engine from a Tundra into a sequoia or vise versa? I trashed my 07 Sequoia engine and have aquired a replacement from an 06 Tundra. A service tech at one of the valley Toyota dealers said i would have to swap over Intake, Exhuast manifolds, Valve covers, Air injection pump, both oil pans etc. I used the Toyotaparts.com website to run some part numbers and found that some of the items were the exact same part number between both vehicles. Then i noticed that there is a "what this fits" tab that shows you what the particular part your looking at will also fit. some crossed over some didnt.
    Not sure what to believe now. The motor I bought was just pulled from a nice looking Tundra with side impact. It is totally complete, runs great and would drop right in, harnesses and all. I hate to change it over and spend money on a bunch of gaskets if its not needed.

Help Please!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.