Engine flush. Yay or nay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to know if anyone here has used engine oil flush during oil changes? Experiences and opinions? Yay or nay? Can it do damage? If you do use it, which brand? My father serviced his car recently and mentioned he uses engine flush once in a while but I've never done one before and not sure if it should be done? Any issues for cars that have been serviced generally on time and done less than 100,000km for the FJ?

Never used it. But I've had a lot of high mile motors and am uptight about oil changes. 3,000 conventional and 5,000 synthetic. Taking off valve covers and oil pans these motors have been clean clean. Sounds like snake oil. The other side - if the inside of the motor is crusty like my FJ62 - in my opinion it's better to let sleeping dogs lie. Don't want a bunch of stuff breaking free and plugging up the oil pump screen. My .02.

Keep on top of your oil changes, use a good quality oil and filter and a flush is not needed.
100,000km is barely even broken in for these engines (assuming it's been well maintained)

Thanks north and everyone else for your contributions. I just did an early in between oil change to swap oils and did a ‘flush’ using only clean oil, no additives or cleaner products and came out spueeky clean.

Not needed.

You guys ever listen to these guys?
///Car Talk is a Peabody Award-winning radio talk show that was broadcast weekly on NPR stations and elsewhere. Its subjects were automobiles and automotive repair, discussed often in a humorous way. It was hosted by brothers Tom and Ray Magliozzi, known also as "Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers".///
Best automotive advice anywhere and with humor.
Their best advice for engine longevity is: Regular oil/filter changes and non-aggressive acceleration; you can drive at a "high" rate of speed just do not rush to get there.
Engine longevity in one sentence bro's. Go to www.cartalk.com shows still available online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom