emmissions part - where does it go (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

btw, it is the only one that looks like this that has the reddish brown color on one side.

That looks like the VTV that goes from right in front on the valve cover to the main advance port on the distributor. My FSM shows the brown side towards the advancer port. The main advance port in the one closest to the base of the distributor, or farthest from the cap -- whichever way you look at it.

If you go by the diagram on Emiisions Control System book, page 3-10 SC System, it shows the brown one there, but if you use the diagram on3-3 it shows the blue one there. I have the blue one there now, but where does the second one go. I only count 3 VTVs but I have an extra one. If you use page 3-3 component layout and schematic drawing I have all those VTVs covered, but still have the extra brown one.

Is that the one that goes from the Cb to the front of the carb? if so, I have that one covered. I think it is a green one.

yea, red is the wrong one:

the fj60 has one green, two blue, and the small black/white one at front of valve cover.

here is a chart showing the vacume presh for the different colors

i would assume that whoever changed it might of replaced the green with it, since the cc/min is "close"

Last edited:
I see a red one on the chart you posted, but it doesn't say where it goes. I also couldn't find the part # listed there. It is 01014

also, I have the green one on the choke breaker. I don't know where I pulled this brown or red (whateveer color it is) from....

cruzerfetish said:
I see a red one on the chart you posted, but it doesn't say where it goes. I also couldn't find the part # listed there. It is 01014

it's the wrong part.

you need one green and two blue

thats what I was thinkin.

You sure it is from the cruiser?:rolleyes:

Land pimp has posted many nice photos of correct vacuum lines, they may be more helpful than the black and white in the FSM. But like I said, I have never seen one quite like that.

thanks. I have 2 green and one blue. My problem is I have this other one left over and I know I took it off the 60.

beaufort-fj60 said:
it's the wrong part.

you need one green and two blue
beauforts right. i just went through this. go to your dealer and have them pull up the schematic for those and then match the part numbers. thats what i did.

i'm going to guess it's was in the "place" of this one do to stubbyness of vac line

Last edited:
I know. you would think that. I figure it should be easy enough for me to find the spot that needs hose of that length but I can't find an empty spot anywhere. Just got off the phone with CDAN and he said it isn't a 60 part #. supra, tercel and some 79 era 40s and 55s used the part number. I guess I will throw it in the tool box and hope I find an empty place for it one day. :confused:

cruzerfetish said:
If you go by the diagram on Emiisions Control System book, page 3-10 SC System, it shows the brown one there, but if you use the diagram on3-3 it shows the blue one there. I have the blue one there now, but where does the second one go. I only count 3 VTVs but I have an extra one. If you use page 3-3 component layout and schematic drawing I have all those VTVs covered, but still have the extra brown one.

I just double checked my manual, and you're absolutely correct. :) I'm glad my 60 only came with three -- took all the brainwork out when I put it all back together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom