Emission cut off year (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Under the moonlight, the serious moonlight.
Hey, I'm pretty close to getting ALICE back on the road and trail. It's been a while since she's been registered. I was wondering what the cut off year is for emissions nowadays. I checked the MVD site and found nothing definative other than a 162 page report that read like an algebra book, so I thought I'd ask you guys. Thanks in advance and see you Friday.:bounce: Billy:bounce2:

You rig need to comply with it's original emmssions standard... Alice 1971 fj40 should be fine..

What Relix said. And, if it's 66 or older..no test no BS.

It's been at 66 since I first bought Alice 12 years ago. I was hoping it had changed. I think she'll pass, I just have no desire to go thru emissions. At least it's not quite summer yet. Thanks Cliff, thanks Relix.

I was told it will only be 66 and early. Anything else will always be tested, there will be no more exemptions for later years.

Although I do remeber reading something recently about AZ passing a law that went into effect about collector cars that wnet into effect the first of this month... If you have collector car insurance and only drive limited miles per year & your car is more then 15 years old you will no longer need to have your car emission tested..

I don't know how much you plan on driving you fj40 but you might want to consider that if you feel like your 40 won't pass emissions..

The EPA has approved a recommendation by the Arizona State Legislature that will allow the state's hobby vehicles to skip the annual emissions test required of other vehicles.

This could mean good news for a lot of us in the future or any of you who currently have a 15 year old + project vehicle. Basically if it's used in a club or for show or enthusiast purposes only and you drive it 1k miles or less per year. It also requires you to carry collector car insurance. If this law passes it would impact a lot of us in a few years from now or maybe some of you with 1992 or older vehicles. On March 7th Hagerty Collector car auto insurance will be holding a collector car gathering at the state capital to bring awareness to the hobby and gather support for the reduced emissions testing of hobby and collector cars. Just FYI in case any of you are interested.

Visit the following links for more information.

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=33773

http://www.hagerty.com/NewsManager/templates/template_adv.aspx?articleid=1208&zoneid=3

http://www.hagerty.com/NewsManager/templates/template_adv.aspx?articleid=1193&zoneid=3

Relix; On March 7th Hagerty Collector car auto insurance will be holding a collector car gathering at the state capital to bring awareness to the hobby and gather support for the reduced emissions testing [/quote said:
Any idea how it went?

nope I work 6-7 days a week..with the exception of AZROCKS this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom