Elko Wheeling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.harrysituations.com
I've been working in Wendover for the last month and I wanted to take advantage of being on the eastern part of the state by doing some exploring and rockcrawling. Last weekend I got together with members of the Bangin' Bones club from Elko to run a trail called Broken Bones. It was more Jeeps than Toyotas, but most of them broke. :D
Rick1.jpg
Harry2.jpg

Brian Hicks came up from Ely with his yellow FJ40. Some of you longtime members might remember him from when he lived in Reno. There was also a Toyota pickup there with a Chevy V8, but he broke a driveshaft early in the trail.
Jared.jpg
Matt.jpg

The trail was wet from snow runoff and it made it really hard to stay on your chosen line. As a result the carnage was fairly high. I'll be in Wendover for probably another month for work. After Easter Jeep Safari I'll probably swap out my pickup for my 4Runner and do some more camping and exploring.There is SO much to explore out in this area it is unreal. Pony Express trail, Jarbidge, the Ruby Mountains, hot springs, it is endless.
Harry1.jpg

Nice pictures Harry. Thanks for posting up.
Brian Hicks was the TLCA rep for many years before I took over. No pictures of his truck? It was the first truck I went over Fordyce in IIRC.

I only got a couple of photos of Brian, he was at the front of the group and cruised right through everything! That is the irony of taking photos, you always get more/better photos of the guys that struggle than the guys that walk everything. I'm doing a story for Petersen's on the trip and will have some photos of Brian in there.

Nice job Harry, as usual. Sorry about dropping the call the other day, I crashed as soon as we hung up. Call me when your back in town.

Sounds and looks like a great trip. Spresso and I went for a little different scenery last year when we explored the Jarbidge area.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom