Builds Electric TLC FJ-40 Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought this worth sharing. Kind of mind bending. A Ford Coyote motor 3D fused with a working draft 3D EGT e-Crate 2.0. Approaching this version to include 25kWhr of energy into the “block” with motors etc. Hmmmm more mind bending. Any stop watching this:) Had to share my pain :flamingo: FYI this is very much a“sizing” & fitment exercise.

It would be interesting to see this same fusing with a ls3

Just found this thread from your website, just a couple of forums over. Very into this concept, so cool. With the 40's and 60/62's being prepped for this motor I will guess that the 100 will eventually get a plug and play version too. Subscribed.

Electric FJ Progress: Motor Installed and spinning driveline.

IMG_2267.JPG

Clean wire runs.
IMG_20200103_164816.jpg

Floor Shifting adaptation nearing completion. 12v wiring in progress. Body and glass coming together. Stainless hardware requested and installed thanks Overland Metric.
IMG_2262.JPG

Thanks to Dakota Digital who is working with us to customize their cluster for the EV mods.... Will be addressing changes as we progress to "Fuel (SOC) and Oil as well as a number of "warning lights". .
IMG_2244.jpeg

Perfect truck or lighter power Block looks good.... A new block/system is in the works:) That will rock more "Power".
IMG_2148.jpeg

Just read the thread! Very cool!!!

Subscribed. In for 60-series thread! Lots of room for battery in and under the fat wagon!

Sounds a lot like my V8 Fj40 cruising around... ;)

something’s never change in a 40 :D

When all the work start to really show....... (Did we say thanks to Dakota Digital again:)) Stoked to have Vintage Air in the shop with their team for the rest of the week working out details with our team for a seamless HVAC solution for the TLC FJ4E and our systems in general. Electric Power steering, Digital gauge cluster (to be modified for EV in coming weeks), AC......Floor shift conversion.... and a little something odd in the glove box...

IMG_2451.JPG

LED lighting all around..... Grote performance LED headlights....

IMG_2412.jpeg

Stainless hardware package from Overland Metric to help this electric ride withstand the salty island air.... and resto on badges....
IMG_2419.jpeg

Battery Management System (BMS), Motor Controller Monitors, 12v low voltage cutoff reset button....... Never have a dead battery and need a "jump" again....
IMG_2447.jpeg

IMG_2445.jpeg

Awesome stuff, I saw the clip of you guys at race.services on Wednesday.

Thank you for pushing the envelope, and a big thank you to the person or people who bank rolled it, things like this are such game changers for the community. Have a few pioneers like this and in 3-5yrs we may have a handful of examples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom