EGO Portable Generator / Inverter ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if anyone has incorporated one of these into their camping/overlanding setup? I dove pretty deep into the EGO product line last year and have been impressed with the quality and power. Batteries can get pricey especially if you go for the big 7.5 AH's, but being able to run the generator inside without exhaust or noise seems like a nice advantage, as well as not draining the main batteries.

Ego pst.png

POWER+ Nexus Portable Power Station (3000W) - https://egopowerplus.com/nexus-portable-power-station/

https://www.lowes.com/pd/EGO-NEXUS-POWER-STATION-KIT-2X7-5AH/1003130756

I'm still trying to understand what people are needing something of this size to power. Are you bringing a blender, coffee maker, etc. camping?

I get it for people who are living in their vehicles year round such as in a camper van, but for 3-5 day camping trip this seems ridiculous. I have a number of outdoor tools in the Ryobi 40V line, and just bought the Ryobi inverter for $100 when it was on sale. It will recharge my work laptop nearly 4 times off of just the one 4AH battery, and power a 35ft string of LED christmas lights for 48 hours with the same. I still have never needed to do either of these things with it and it just sits in the garage.

I'm still trying to understand what people are needing something of this size to power. Are you bringing a blender, coffee maker, etc. camping?

I get it for people who are living in their vehicles year round such as in a camper van, but for 3-5 day camping trip this seems ridiculous. I have a number of outdoor tools in the Ryobi 40V line, and just bought the Ryobi inverter for $100 when it was on sale. It will recharge my work laptop nearly 4 times off of just the one 4AH battery, and power a 35ft string of LED christmas lights for 48 hours with the same. I still have never needed to do either of these things with it and it just sits in the garage.
Yeah, I agree it's overkill for most applications but I already have a half dozen batteries so thought it may make sense. Probably wouldn't consider it if I didn't already have 2k worth of batteries, though. From what I'm reading there may be a solar companion in the near future as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom