Edmonton area mechanic list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any suggestions on where to get a radiator rebuilt for my BJ60?
Also new plunger and contacts for starter solenoid?
And as in my other post, a good auto glass place?
Have to find new contacts after leaving all my good ones behind in North Vancouver...
Will be calling Dan at 4wheel auto as I am sure he must have a list...

I have a good rad place. I think its called West Edmonton Rad, but I have to confirm in the morning. OUr shop uses a glass guy out of Onoway. Comes to your door for the same price as a glass shop in house repair but again I'll give you that number in the morning too.

I was going to call the following...
Norwest Cooling
Park muffler
West Edmonton Rad
Have all their numbers.
If West Edmonton rad has done a good job for you I will for sure consider that!

For the window I am considering:
Windshield surgeons (leaning towards this one though)
Edmonton mobile windshield
Apple auto glass

Will report back...
other good ideas welcome

You won't find to many other rad shops, it's a dying business. If they don't do heavy equipment rads that tend to close down. Cheaper to buy aftermarket than repair for normal vehicles. I post the list in the morning.

I used Apple Autoglass in the west end for my surf hilux windshield. They did it quick and no issues. Make sure to post your experience with whomever you end up using!

Me haha, I am a Heavy Duty Tech. But love working on Cruisers in my spare time. I don't charge a high rate either.

Do you do out of province vehicle inspections?
Know anyone that does? I need to get my cruiser inspected, it is from BC.
My cruiser was inspected in BC last year because it came from California.
Passed no problem, my only concern now though is that since I just have a resonator and no muffler it could be an issue (not loud though because it is turboed).

Pretty sure you gotta go to Canadian tire. John works for Finning. I can't see his approval being accepted. Just my opinion.Not that he doesn't know what he's talking about though.Mods and tune up call John. Beers, call me.

:beer:

clutch parts in Edmonton?

I'm new to landcruisers - I've only had this 87 FJ60 for a month or so. Where should I go in Edmonton for a clutch master and slave? Also, the tranny was swapped for an H55 5 speed, is this going to change the slave that I need?

Dan at 4wheel auto will have the parts and know the difference but get ready to pay. If you have time I use EBI in B.C quite a bit. Cruiser outfitters in the states are good too.

Just thought I would throw this out there, I am a Heavy Duty Mechanic that moved to the Edmonton area last year. Back in Vancouver I worked on Landcruisers regularly. I have a Facebook page I started call Diesel Landcruiser Guru.
I have been driving a Landcruiser myself for 17 years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom