Echo canyon trip report Jan 30, 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We planned to go the opposite direction from the guidebook and drive into death valley Three of us met up at the parking lot near 373 and 95. (two tacoma's and a 60 series) Nice weather in the AM and we aired down once we got out of Armogosa. Fairly easy trail and the kids had fun counting all the carns along the trail. The waterfall, the one difficult section, has lots of rocks stacked and sice we were driving down it we didn't have any issues. Our only regret was not turning around to drive up it. We stopped for lunch and then headed over to Inyo mine. a few of the buildings had collapsed but it was still worth stopping by. We finished the trail and headed over to the sand dunes at stovepipe wells and left when the sun started to set.

Sounds like a good fun ride 👍

Thanks for posting this. I was in Death Valley in January and previously driven up Echo Canyon and did a back country hike from the mine out to the edge of the mountain range. I saw during this trip that the drivable trail exists, but couldn't find any info on how easy/difficult it is. Being a mostly stock 100 Series I didn't want to tackle it alone.
I'd definitely be interested in coming along if anyone ever does this ride again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom