Easy overland trails, Central California National Parks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As most of you alluded to, the smoke from all the fires ended up cutting our trip short. We made it out to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, but headed back home much earlier than expected. On Sunday (a week ago now), the smoke started to blow in, and on Monday, the skies looked orange. I was surprised to still see people out at Hume lake, but I suppose everybody has their own tolerance to the air quality. I think the day we left (Tuesday), the news said that the US Park Services was closing down Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks for a week.

We decided to check out Bodie and some of the other places later this year, when things calm down. Here are some pictures from the trip.

IMG_4880.JPG

IMG_4886.JPG

IMG_4870.JPG

Great pictures considering the conditions.
I'm a little anxious about taking any road/camping trips into Shaver and Huntington lakes next year. We used to do a lot of Hobie Cat racing (sailing) up at Huntington Lake and had our special camp grounds we used to always go to and the little general store, etc. It was like a second home for us as my daughter was growing up.
Really sad about all the fires up there... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom