E-brake cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newbie here,

I was wondering if someone one here knows a part number for a LHD 45 series rear wheel e-brake cable.
I know that those exist, but couldn't find a part number and the parts catalog has been no help, because it only lists a RHD cable, which is to short.
I ordered that one already.
I also measured a 75 series cable and that will not work either.
So if anyone out there can help me out with this, it will be much appriciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Is it a troopie, ute/pick-up or cab chassis?

Troopie and pick ups have the parking brake on transfer. Cab chassis have the parking brake on the rear axle.

Dave

'84 *J45 troopies had the t-case brake. What model exactly for you have? Must be a '81 or later *J45 lwb? The handle is in the dash? That'll make for a really long cable. If its on the floor it seems like a 75 one could be made to fit.

Sorry, I'm no help on the part number.

It´s a 1982 BJ 45 Troopie, which originally had the transfer case brake, but i've swapped in a 12H-t with H55. That combo was to long to keep the transfer brake so i went with a rear wheel parking brake, i just can't locate the right cable.
I've seen one before, which was definately factory, but that was in France and i don't know the owner.
It seems i need a cab/chassis cable according to Dave.
Anyone knows the right number for a LHD floor mounted cable.

TIA

Mark

I bet the RHD cab chassis version would fit. The lever is in the relatively same location and they come with parking brake on the rear axle. I'd try Ens. Where are you?

Dave

Dave,

I already tried the RHD cable and that one is to short. Only by 4 inches or so, but what ever i tried it didn't fit.
Im from The Netherlands, for the dealer i order from it's no problem to get any part, whether it's Euro spec, General spec or Aus spec, if i got the part number they will order it.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom