Durabak Liner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was reading about the Durabak Liner being installed on the exterior of vehicles. Their website has a couple of 40's done. My questions to all of you is, have you seen this in person and if so, how does it look?

I'm wanting something that will last a long time and don't have to worry about scratches and scrapes from trail use. But then, I want it to look good too.

I used it to do my interior, and I would say off hand it isn't what you would want for the exterior...very rough with those rubber particles mixed in. It has also worn off in high traffic areas, over the three years since I did it. The good news is the repairs are a snap. And, it was only $135.00 to do the inside of the tub....
Outside, I don't think it would fare as well...YMMV :cheers:

Try Zolatone, textured but not as much as Duabak. Not too expensive either

i used durabak to line my 40s interior, but clemsoncruiser has his 77 done in blue. i like it a lot, but it is definitely not for anybody that wants a really clean/shiny lookin cruiser.

try a search. there have been 2 or 3 good threads lately

malphrus

A kid at school did his early Bronco interior and exterior in Durabak or one of
its competitors. Looks pretty good if you don't want a shiny rig.
Only things I've seen are small rust flakes starting to come through the
lower rear corners of his doors, probably from hitting things when he opens
them.
Don't know him, or how long he's had it like that, but it's been at least 15
months.

Here is a pic of Durabak on an interior.
I will be doing my 40 shortly iwth a shutz gun for texture.

I've got a buddy that did his scout's exterior in a maroon. He had it sprayed on by a rhino-line place. Didn't cost all that much and seems to be holding up good. He's had it on there for 2 1/2 years now. Definitely looks like a matte finish though, not shiny. I also saw a 40 in one of the offroad mags done in lime green and I thought it looked great. We considered it for ours, but went with standard ppg paint only b/c we got a free paint job. Let us know what you decide.

Not that I have seen one in this, but Durabak also offers a "smooth" application. I think it is fairly new. Might be a good compromise for those wanting a little more of a finished paint look. Man, that 40 interior looks awesome up above. Well done.

did it on the outside of my cruiser. Love it. Dirt sticks too it really well. If you're not done with outside mods don't do it till then. pain to do body work once it is on there. Makes a horible smell when taking the grinder too it to clean it off. I love the looks of mine on the outside and would probably do it again if I needed the durability of it.

My site has some pics, and I'm posting more all the time.

Chris

Chris, that looks really cool.

I can't decide on color. I have had Durabak send black and forest green. I don't want a black exterior and the forest green looked too bright. So, I asked them to send a paint swatch of all their colors. I'll keep you updated.

Ken

dude, just go to their site. www.durabakbedliner.com and click on the colors link.

I just got mine in. Blue and Black showed up 2 days before the Grey and White, but it was a quick shipment and fair pricing. He even threw in some free applicators and hardener; and upgraded my blue to the "UV" protective stuff for free.

Call and talk to Jake, he's a solid guy. Tell him you want the same free sh*t Tom in Pensacola got. hahaha.

Tom IV :cheers:

[quote author=TonkaC link=board=1;threadid=8981;start=msg123404#msg123404 date=1079643135]
did it on the outside of my cruiser. Love it. Dirt sticks too it really well. If you're not done with outside mods don't do it till then. pain to do body work once it is on there. Makes a horible smell when taking the grinder too it to clean it off. I love the looks of mine on the outside and would probably do it again if I needed the durability of it.

My site has some pics, and I'm posting more all the time.

Chris
[/quote]

Whoa buddy........this pic is off to Playgirl. JK. I like the 40. I'm about to get started on my Wagon tomorrow or Monday. I'll post a freaky mud faced horror shot when I'm done. :D

I did go to their website and look at all their colors. The problem is the colors on my monitor and the actual color swatches are different. Its a good thing I asked for a swatch of forest green because I was set on the color that my monitor was showing. When the actual swatch came, it was too bright for what I wanted. So, instead of picking another color, I asked for Durabak to send me a swatch of all their colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom