dune beige (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is a good affordable Dune beige paint i can buy for my first non rattle can paint job, and also the code, and how much im looking to spend per gallon.

Last edited:
Check on the CCOT website. They have all the colors with the paint codes. :) <><

are you trying to make your 40 look like Oswald???? Per my friend, get a can of rattle from tower paint. The code is 416 (guess how i know. :) )

Anyway, use that can for matching at a paint store. You thinking automotive paint? Who are you going to deal with?

Is there a tower paint in mobile, im a big fan of the rattle can paint job ( ive gotten pretty good at it). I was thinking i might go for the automotive paint for this one.

oswald does need a little brother:hillbilly:

i have rattle cans of krylon kaki and it looks good, but it doesnt have a real hard finish.

Last edited:
Depends if you are planning single stage or base coat clear coat,the 2nd can be very pricey single stage will run $200 per gal aprox including reducer and hardener.
You will need a good primer also so that you achieve a good bond you can usually get a couple qaurts for around $100 including hardener,you will need lots of wet/dry sand paper also 400 grit up to 1600 grit this is fairly cheap.
Do a search on MUD for your paint code number I believe there is two shades of Dune.

I have a gallon of ppg beige that I decided not to use. I "thought" I was buying the dune beige, but it's actually the beige that went on the late model 40's which has more tan in it than green. It's their shopline level, so not super expensive. Not sure if you can ship paint like that or not....

Sand paper? I spent aprox $200 also (single stage dune beige) . I wasn't getting to picky and just shot it and called it done. Actually turned out better than expected. Got at carquest , brand ? its at my shop.

No sand paper no primer
When will they learn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom