Dual battery system installer in Tucson area… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all…new LC 200 owner and looking to get a dual battery set up…any recommendations for reputable installers in Tucson? I called 4Wheel Parts, VERY helpful but felt the 200 times stall may not be something they would tackle…I really appreciate their honesty…!

Can't speak for Tucson, but I would never trust the 4Wheel Parts for installations in Phoenix. My roommate had them do the install of a Stage 4 ICON lift on his Tacoma and they didn't follow torque specs and he had started losing suspension bolts on simple dirt roads. Lost both rear shocks after 5 miles on trail.

Not sure of the complexities that go along with doing a dual battery on a 200 Series, but it was easy enough on my 80 and I despise electrical work.

Can't speak for Tucson, but I would never trust the 4Wheel Parts for installations in Phoenix. My roommate had them do the install of a Stage 4 ICON lift on his Tacoma and they didn't follow torque specs and he had started losing suspension bolts on simple dirt roads. Lost both rear shocks after 5 miles on trail.

Not sure of the complexities that go along with doing a dual battery on a 200 Series, but it was easy enough on my 80 and I despise electrical work.
Thank you for the heads up on 4WP…I guess it all comes down to the particular installer/person on the job…

well done on your install…Hopefully not too complex on the 200 for another local shop…

Last edited:
I have heard that some have tried a high end automobile stereo installation place. Maybe they can be of assistance.

@DPA200 recently did this project or was working on it. Maybe he can help.

Hello all…new LC 200 owner and looking to get a dual battery set up…any recommendations for reputable installers in Tucson? I called 4Wheel Parts, VERY helpful but felt the 200 times stall may not be something they would tackle…I really appreciate their honesty…!
Take a look at this thread and make some calls:

@acastell I just had my dual battery install completed a few weeks ago on my 200. It's a real slippery slope how complicated (and expensive) you want this to be. Can be as simple as a Goal ZeroYeti 1000 or similar. Next level up plenty swear by is using the Slee tray for a single group 31 battery. I went more with the "buy once cry once" strategy as I didn't want this to be something I'd be wanting to upgrade again in a few years. I had a local Phoenix shop (Vagabond 4x4) do all the electrical work. feel free to DM me for more details on the experience if you end up considering them as your installer. Here are 3 threads i started during my process:

My base electrical setup is:

- Renogy 100Ah Smart Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery
- Renogy 175 Watt Solar Panel
- Switch Pros SP-9100 8-Switch Panel Power System
- RENOGY 1000W 12V PURE SINE WAVE INVERTER
- REDARC BCDC1225D In-vehicle Dual Battery Charger

I left my start battery untouched. I then put the Lithium in the driver's side drawer wing, along with the SwitchPro's module, and a Victron smart shunt monitor.
Back of the drawers (behind 2nd row) has my inverter and the BCDC charger mounted, which I like that all my electronics (other than winch and ARB air) are all in the cargo area all on the same side.

Anyways, many different options, happy to chat if you want to run anything by me. Installer wise I really struggled finding somebody to do the work. I'm happy the with the results, but really wished I had some larger expert shop (more like Slee) to do the install. If I had to do again I'd maybe consider SDHQ, but I know I've heard in the past they are somewhat limited on your selection of components. I had specific things I wanted for each component so i wanted a shop that didn't have those limitations. I do not know anybody in Tuscon. SDHQ, Vagabond 4x4, and AT Overland (Prescott) were the only places in the whole state I found that do work like this. here are a couple piucs, all I could find on my phone right now. Side note, i LOVE my new ARB BASE roof rack.

IMG_0347.JPG
IMG_0841.jpg

DPA200…..YES…THIS!!! I want all of this…I may PM you, but fear that slippery slope will lead to my divorce…might be worth taking that chance…

Thank you sooo much for this post…I as well as many others will benefit from your time spent…

stay dry..looks like Phoenix is gonna get haMeredith tonight…Tucson took it on the chin last night, getting ready for round two..

Someone is selling a 2016 200 series on Craigslist. It has a dual battery setup. Maybe you could reach out to the seller for some pointers.

Question 1: Have you determined why you need a dual battery setup? 85% of the people that have one don't need it. (It's my # and I am 100% correct because I am always right just ask anyone) #StatisticsAreFun

You might check with Brien, Sonoran Expedition Collective - http://sonoranexpeditioncollective.com/ Don't hate him for owning a Jeep. We all make mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom