Driver's Side Rear Vent Glass Squeak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased a 2006 LC and noticed an irritating squeak sound coming from the driver's side rear vent glass hinge area. I can reproduce the sound by pressing on the glass at the hinge. I am pretty sure the screws need to be tightened but I am not sure how or where to access them. Any thoughts??
Thanks in advance...

Same here on the 04 LC, my wifes 05 LX is silent. The LC only does it on the drivers side when I'm opening or closing it, not while driving. But both LC and LX rattle when going over bumps and when slamming any of the doors. A procedure to tighten them would be awesome.

My one side rattles when open going over rough roads. Opens and closes fine but something is loose.

Mine functions well but squeaks. I am hoping someone will comment on how to reveal the screws. I am guessing it requires removing part of the headliner and the side section but I can't see where to begin.

Success!
I was able to silence this squeak. It just takes a little confidence and the willingness to pull the side panels.

Here's what I did:
1) Removed the plastic cover on the seat belt mount. It comes apart easily into two pieces and exposes the large bolt that holds it to the bracket.
2) Remove the bolt holding the seat belt mount and remove it.
3) Remove the plastic covers on the handle attached to the roof section. Remove the handle using a Philips head screwdriver.
4) Pry the bottom section of the side panel loose by starting at the open rear door. The bottom overlaps on the top cover.
5) Pry the top cover loose also starting from rear door working your way towards the tail gate. You do not have to remove the cover completely. Just enough to expose the frame where the vent window attaches. I used a long screwdriver to wedge between the frame and the cover to give me enough room to access the nut holding the vent glass in place.
6) The nut is recessed in a hole in the frame and has a long protrusion sticking out that prohibits you from using a traditional socket wrench to tighten. I had to use a pair of needle nosed pliers to tighten it.

All is good now!
I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom