Drive light not lit and PWR light doesnt work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll have to try this dash mack mod. :) My D light is out as well.

I noticed the lights behind my HVAC buttons come and go depending on how hard I push the buttons. ;)

My other issue is that my shifter doesn't seem to line up very well with the indicators down on the console. Anyone have a fix for that?

If you search, I know there was a fix for the 62's and the shifter not lining up. Maybe the same fix will work :confused:. My 80's lines up right, so I haven't had to deal with that one.

I will also try the smack mod tonight... can the bulbs be sourced at an auto parts store or are they some magical mystery bulbs that can only be bought for $50 a piece from Mr. T?

My other issue is that my shifter doesn't seem to line up very well with the indicators down on the console. Anyone have a fix for that?

Adjust the shift linkage. Very easy to do and get to, it's on the PS of the tranny. Can't miss it.

You may need a helper to push the shifter forward a bit while you loosen/tighten up the linkage.

So I'm driving into work this morning.... I look down and get the reminder that my D light isn't working. Smack to the top of the dash board.... nothing... Smack to the top of the dash board again... and let there be light. I'll be damned. This site is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom