Double Window Failure? WTH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just recently I had two issues pop-up simultaneously:

1 - My master switch only opens the driver-side front door
I took the master switch apart and cleaned the contacts, no help.

2 - My passenger-side rear door is inoperable from it's designated switch and stuck in its down position
Removed the door panel and checked for crimped/broken wires, no help. Swapped driver-side switch over, and still nothing.

Any suggestions? Thanks bros.

Last edited:
I would start by taking the driver's door panel off and pulling the wire harness out of the grommet at the door jam. Pull the accordion grommet off of the wire bundle and look to see if individual wire(s) have broken from being flexed back and forth too many times. Not an uncommon issue.

I would start by taking the driver's door panel off and pulling the wire harness out of the grommet at the door jam. Pull the accordion grommet off of the wire bundle and look to see if individual wire(s) have broken from being flexed back and forth too many times. Not an uncommon issue.

Wouldn't crimped/cut wires in the harness cause a total failure of the master switch? My driver-side window still operates, but the other three, no.

The power control to the other 3 routes thru the driver's door. Not sure if they also get their power somewhere else. Would have to check a schematic. Could be a switch/controller issue. I know similar vintage Honda's have modules under the dash that multiplex the window circuit. Not sure how Toyota does it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom