Donor '71 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Scott and I are about to pick up a donor
'40 if anyone (mooker82) is looking for parts. We will have to buy this one so parts wont be free, but only looking to get our money back. We will get it cheap. Vehicle is rusty, but is all there. "F" motor, 3 sp. trans. transfer case, driveshafts, axles. Also need to get rid of the other parts from the '72 (free) Just need them gone. Post if you need something, we should be getting it Wed. morn, Aug. 13:wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench:

I got dibs on this:
71' and Earlier Gas Tank Sending Unit plus tank if it is good
Top Mounted Wiper Arm Mounting Nuts
Top Mounted Wiper Motor Harness or Plug

I can't believe I can't find any wiper arm nuts. I guess I shouldn't have left them on the hood when I did my test drive last winter.:doh:

Jeremy

No top or doors on this donor, but we have a pair of repairable (rusty bottom) doors off the '79 donor you are welcome to. :bounce::bounce2:

Mostly just a frame and firewall

If you do, greg will take the back pieces, and I will take the hoop. If Greg doesn't need the whole thing of course.

Jeremy

Scott said it had a roll bar but it didn't look very good. We'll know more on Wed.

Scott said it had a roll bar but it didn't look very good.

It will be right at home around us!

What kind of rear doors does it have?

Would that be Scott Johnson? I've been trying to get ahold of him to give him some stuff. Is he around?

Last edited:
He's still around, but since he started with the N. Chas po-po, we haven't see much of him. I can get the stuff when I come up for the meeting if you let me know where to meet you.

I will shoot you over a PM and try to come look at the parts next weekend if you are available. If you still have a rear axle do you have a rear hard line? the one that goes between the 2 wheel cylinders on each side? I need one bad (mine was broken!). That may explain some of my brake problems.

47333-35010 should be a 70-71 rear brake cylinder line. Will do either side. Should be less than $10 new. WA Toyota can get it in a couple of days. For that price new, there is no way I would be tearing into an old axle to scavange that part. Now wheel cylinders might be a different story. ;) Your welcome.

And yes, I would think that was your problem.

Jeremy

47333-35010 should be a 70-71 rear brake cylinder line. Will do either side. Should be less than $10 new. WA Toyota can get it in a couple of days. For that price new, there is no way I would be tearing into an old axle to scavange that part. Now wheel cylinders might be a different story. ;) Your welcome.

And yes, I would think that was your problem.

Jeremy

Thanks. I was told they could not get it at the dealer on Rivers . I am guessing he didnt want to search for the part number. I also found the 10mm tubing precut and flared in either an 8" or 12" length at Advanced. I would just need to bend it. I guess ill be working on the brakes again this week. I will be seeing how good of a job I did rebuilding the wheel cylinders. :D

I have an FJ40 micro fish in pdf that I use to look up all my parts. I then verify they are available through WWW.toyotapartsdirect.com. Then I order them. If it is a sizable order I go through RHT in Anderson and get a discount. Otherwise I use local dealers. PM me your email and I will send it to you. WARNING: When you first get it, it will consume your time looking up all kinds of parts. Kinda like Mud.

I would try the stock tube first. It isn't hard to bend, even without a bender. I use a glass coke bottle.

Jeremy

Greg, we should be around the house Wed morn until about noon depending on weather. :wrench::wrench::wrench:

Greg, we should be around the house Wed morn until about noon depending on weather. :wrench::wrench::wrench:

I am in MB. The only weekend I will be in Chas is the one that everyone else will be here in MB!

Just let me know if you have those parts (Rollbar, an ashtray, and what- if any- rear doors it has) and I'll work out the pickup.

We will know in the AM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom