dONAHOE SUSPENSION (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I looking into the 0-3'' Donahoe coil over lift kit for my FJ. I also plan on getting Donahoe's 2'' rear springs/shocks. I am interested if anyone knows how the set up affects the FJ's road/highway driving. The company claims that it is an improvement from the stock set up. Any Info. would be appreciated.

I just installed the DR suspension lift (front and rear) last weekend and I love it! I also installed the Total Chaos UTC's.

It's an improvement over the stock suspension on the road/highway. I haven't had a chance to run it off-road since the install. I'm sure it will be great.

You won't regret the DR suspension!

The onroad ride with the Hoes is at least as good as stock, if not better. I have had the Hoe stage 1 suspension on my FJ for a few weeks now and am very happy with it.

I ordered mine from Jason at Demello and was very happy with the transaction. $1450 shipped gets you the stage 1 (front and rear).

I am not sure where you are from, but I am from TX. I was moved to Vegas for work and the mountains in NV, CA and UT were constantly calling my name. I have wanted an FJ since before I could drive, so I figured while I was out there was as good of time as any to buy one. They had just come out so I had to wait on the one I wanted. After the purchase I went straight to the 4 wheel parts to have a few mods done. Of the shops I went to, keep in mind the FJ was new, DR was the overall recomendation. I was going to do exactly what you want to do, however they advised I should only add the front coil overs as most of what I was doing was climbs and decents. If you are familiar with that area you see most 4WD's lifted higher in the front. The ride was dramatically smoother and more comfortable.....but I also had the added weight in the front of a bull bumper and a winch. When I made it back to TX I added the DR on the back to level the truck out. Its much flatter here, and a whole lot more mud. Overall I have been satisfied with the buy, but am considering the Procomp right now to replace. DR is impossible to get ahold of, and most shops out here are back ordered over 6 months...this is not appealing to me if I were to have a problem with them now. Choose wisely as its is not cheap! The few FJ's I run into out here that are fitted for what they are built for have Procomp. In the last couple of years people have had the time to test. Like I said, I am happy with DR...but if I could do it again I would do the PC 6 inch. Best of luck if you haven't already bought, but if you have and happen to have an opinion please share.

I had heard that they may have been bought out. i can't access that site where i am. so all of us stuck with those parts are shafted if they break huh?

guess i better start thinking harder about the pro comp. Thanks for clearing that up.

so all of us stuck with those parts are shafted if they break huh?

No, Icon is honoring the warranty on DR equipment.

I'm running DR coilovers and Icon rear lower links and it is all top-notch stuff IMO. Vast improvement over stock.

thanks for the info. im running the the full suspension, and love it...but i do run it hard, so i like to know someone is still honoring warranty.

The Icon guys are all former DR employees. You will have no issues with their stuff.

did a little research before i bought them i kinda got the same idea. i think thats why everyone was so quick to recomend them when the FJ just came out. they seemed to fit when nothing else was out there to buy

We just put this kit on my buddies rig last weekend. These guys make a sick product. To say it improves stock ride is the understatement of the century. There is no comparison. The entire installation was done in a couple hours and was very simple. I have the OME kit, but after seeing this setup, I'm going to be upgrading as soon as I can.

I guess I could have done a better job describing the ride....but I only had the stock on it for maybe 1k miles. I don't remember what it fealt like before that. I do feel more comfortable with the feedback though.

Toledo, how far did you crank the front coilovers? i know the warranty says they wont cover anything other than the way they came, but I had to crank after I finished the lift. I looked like a FJ posing as a dragster. Stick a number on the side and put me on the quarter mile track. Might could finish in 38 seconds at a top speed of 63mph!

did a little research before i bought them i kinda got the same idea. i think thats why everyone was so quick to recomend them when the FJ just came out. they seemed to fit when nothing else was out there to buy

Not exactly true, The Downey kit was on the market 6 months before the FJ Cruiser hit the dealerships-----just some gee whiz information.

thats strange they never came up. you are out in Cali and I got mine in Vegas. Toyota didn't even know who was making mods for the FJ when I got it. It took the local offroad shop a little time to locate parts, but then again they may have pushed DR cause thats what they carried. After looking at all the trucks they worked on, and talking to customers I was very comfortable with their recomendations (along with research). Either way, I can't complain so far...they've been on for almost 2 years and as far as I can feel ride they ride the same as when they were installed.

just noticed i prolly pointed out in all these posts that i got this truck in vegas!!! now that that is settled i wont mention it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom