Dometic Recall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got my notice for a recall on a bunch of Dometic fridges including my CF3. Sadly it turns out that if you use both 110 and 12v (it autoswitches) it sometimes catches fire, despite what the now old manual says. That was one of my favorite features. So instead of fixing the problem. we get a liability release, new manual, and a sticker that says don't plug both in.

I use a Dometic as the main fridge in my 200. Can you post the notice that shows the models included? I'm unlikely to get a separate recall notice if mine is included.

I just got my notice for a recall on a bunch of Dometic fridges including my CF3. Sadly it turns out that if you use both 110 and 12v (it autoswitches) it sometimes catches fire, despite what the now old manual says. That was one of my favorite features. So instead of fixing the problem. we get a liability release, new manual, and a sticker that says don't plug both in.

They might not be advertising it, but they will also accept returns on these fridges. They've posted as much in their thread on ExPo, where people correctly laughed at Dometic for offering a warning-sticker as a solution to a defect.

Models CFX3 35/45/55IM/75DZ/95DZ/100, ghost return recall? Great.
It came in a certified envelope and a pre-print waiver, so apparently the lawyers run the show and the engineers maybe need some retraining on design and production QC.

@Bunga thanks for posting this up. I have a DZ75 and pre-cool it down on 115. I'll be sure to unplug the house power before plugging into the truck!
Pretty silly of Dometic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom