Dometic Customer Support - CF-80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update.

We may have a solution forthcoming!

Chris

So they have responded? I take it your question over at Expo got their attention?

I'm not sure they have seen the post at expo. I sent an "is anyone home" nasty gram.

After 3 months I was finally able to get a replacement fridge from Dometic. Plus side they upgraded me. Down side - I spent most of the camping season with a fridge that blew fuses every day or 2. All the same wiring in my rig - no blown fuses with the new fridge after 6 days of run time.

I had 2 very recent comparisons of customer service - CVT Tents and PowerStop brakes.

On CVT I had 2 warranty items, the telescoping ladder and an awning pole, both broken, both debatable as to wether they should be warranty items. CVT didnt even blink, they asked for pictures and sent out a new pole and ladder the next day. AMAZING

On Powerstop - this was most certainly NOT a warranty item. I called them up and told them what happened to my drivers rear pad and rotor (freak rock from a water crossing on Ophir wedged in between the pad and rotor) and they offered a one time courtesy replacement which i had in my hands in under a week, also AMAZING.

IMHO Dometic needs to take note from these two companies on how to handle customer service. I love the new fridge and it seems to be working very very well, however it should not have taken the bulk of the camping season for me to get this sorted out.

After 3 months I was finally able to get a replacement fridge from Dometic. Plus side they upgraded me. Down side - I spent most of the camping season with a fridge that blew fuses every day or 2. All the same wiring in my rig - no blown fuses with the new fridge after 6 days of run time.

I had 2 very recent comparisons of customer service - CVT Tents and PowerStop brakes.

On CVT I had 2 warranty items, the telescoping ladder and an awning pole, both broken, both debatable as to wether they should be warranty items. CVT didnt even blink, they asked for pictures and sent out a new pole and ladder the next day. AMAZING

On Powerstop - this was most certainly NOT a warranty item. I called them up and told them what happened to my drivers rear pad and rotor (freak rock from a water crossing on Ophir wedged in between the pad and rotor) and they offered a one time courtesy replacement which i had in my hands in under a week, also AMAZING.

IMHO Dometic needs to take note from these two companies on how to handle customer service. I love the new fridge and it seems to be working very very well, however it should not have taken the bulk of the camping season for me to get this sorted out.

Almost always better services is an indication of bigger margins. Nothing is free. Dometic may not have large margins on their products but that's not an excuse for not being civic and forthcoming and honest.

The better comparison would be with ARB and Dometic on their fridge. Does the ARB premium mean better customer service? I would think so.

Almost always better services is an indication of bigger margins. Nothing is free. Dometic may not have large margins on their products but that's not an excuse for not being civic and forthcoming and honest.

The better comparison would be with ARB and Dometic on their fridge. Does the ARB premium mean better customer service? I would think so.

Interestingly the ARB and Dometic CFX are at similar price points for these sizes. There isn's an exact correspondence in size but they do step up and over one another (around the $1K mark) from the 63 to the 95.

... and update - 10+ days running with one compartment set to freeze (ottor pops for a 4 year old on a camp out ... firgging classic). not one iota of an issue.

Glad you got your issue resolved! Any advice on how to get them to fix another fridge?

I just bought an Engel because of @Poupon experience with his fridge (under warranty) that will not work on 12v dc. He sent it in and they more or less said it works fine despite VERY OBVIOUS problems. In addition the WIFI feature isn't working...the only thing that works on 12v dc input is the USB charger.

In comparison:
I missed the Engel Black Friday deal of a free cover with purchase of a Platinum fridge (misread the details) and called up almost a week later and asked if they would still honor the deal...YES! Much happier with the customer support over at Engel.

I bought two Engel/ARBs in the late 90s. A 30 in '97 and a 50 in '98. Neither have been unplugged from either a 12v or 120v
for more than a few days. Probably less than 30 days combined in their lives. The 30 finally gave up last year. I bought a Dometic 45CFX
to replace it. No real issues but the Engels had noticeably better cooling coverage. The Engels seemed to cool evenly throughout where the Dometic definitely stays too warm in the upper tray. I have to make sure meats, milk and such are stored at the bottom of the main compartment to not spoil. The stuff on the bottom will freeze at 34 deg while the stuff on top gets precariously warm.
My 50q Engel/ARB is still working fine although it now draws more juice than it did in the first 15 years. Dual batteries
are required on that one. I'll probably go back to Engels on my next failure. From what I see in the literature the Dometic in made in China.
There are a half dozen generically named coolers from China that look suspiciously the same for quite bit less.